What putting training aids have you used?

bilinguru

Reaction score
Handicap
I love putting! I've become obsessed with it actually.
Anything out there that you have used in your practice sessions that has worked?

Outside of framing my putter with alignment rods to keep the club face square and moving straight backward and forward I haven't. Looking forward to getting some practice in with a Triangulator.

Use the SPi orange training ball from time to time and do the "thumbs off" drill frequently.

I recently got a Putter Wheel, works pretty well, I find I have no issues getting it to roll without wobbling. This is the only putting training aid I have used to date.

I have also heard good things about the T-Rail.

I've been using Laser Putt for a while now and the visualization is unbelievable.

PGA Teaching Pro.....

I have one of those super simple 10' long putting mats with the little ramp at the end with an auto-ball-return thingy. It's simple, but to drill on putting it straight over and over makes a _massive_ difference in my results from 10' and in. When my wife got it for me I thought it would be a source of winter entertainment more than anything, but it turned out to be a very valuable training aid.

Love the EyeLine Arc and the Balls if Steel

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Plane board, Eyeline mirror, alignment sticks, SeeMore triangulator, tees, and a metronome just to name a few.

All I use is my SeeMore FGP putter and the SeeMore triangulator.

There are these heavy, rubber like golf balls they have at GolfTec that I've been using on putts of less than 5 feet. They really make you make a strong, solid stroke and put it in the back of the cup. They were tough to use at first, but as I've gone on, I've really enjoyed the stroke I've developed.
http://www.eyelinegolf.com/products/ball-of-steel-3-pack Here's the link. Really great to put together a strong stroke....especially on the shorter putts.

I use a dime. Put the dime about 16" in front of your ball and roll the ball over the dime. You should work to be able to roll the ball over the center of the no matter what your stroke length. If you can't roll the ball on your intended line, you will never be able to figure out distance control or green reading.

I have a triangulator and a putting wheel, but haven't gotten around to using them too much. Once the snow melts, I plan on adding an eyeline mirror as well.

I just purchased a putter wheel. Can't find a thread on it. If there is one can someone bring it to the top. I searched and can't find it.

I have a 9' Birdie Ball putting green that I used to practice on a lot but it's been in our storage shed since we moved. I drew a straight line on it and would practice putting on that line. I would often use a metronome to work on tempo (found online and on phone apps). I bought a wood putting arc but have barely used it.

Pat O'Brien's "Perfect Putting Grip"

Easy peasy guide to ingraining the modern putting grip Pat advocates.

The Perfect putting machine. I love this thing. I can stand in front of the TV and just work on my stroke without even thinking about it.

5fc414ae7a4ee3b3b4828e22133f4e15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Perfect putting machine. I love this thing. I can stand in front of the TV and just work on my stroke without even thinking about it.

5fc414ae7a4ee3b3b4828e22133f4e15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That putting aid is massive!! How does it work?

Has anyone seen or have any experience with a putting aid called Tiba Putt or something along those lines? Saw something on Twitter about it. Basically just looked like a machine made gate type of training aid, but looked effective.

Pat O'Brien's "Perfect Putting Grip"

Easy peasy guide to ingraining the modern putting grip Pat advocates.
I was just looking at ordering one today. Do you feel like it has helped your game?

I was just looking at ordering one today. Do you feel like it has helped your game?

I've been a Pat/SPi putting grip guy for a long time, so it pretty ingrained with me, but I was happy to get to do this spotlight for the site. Its something that I constantly work on in the off time on my putting green so to have one of these on a putter i can practice with and ensure I'm in the right spots it pretty big for me. I sacrificed one for the spotlight putting it on and taking it off, but the other is going to stay on one of my mFGP2's for good I think.

Its simple, super simple, but its also super effective.

I've been a Pat/SPi putting grip guy for a long time, so it pretty ingrained with me, but I was happy to get to do this spotlight for the site. Its something that I constantly work on in the off time on my putting green so to have one of these on a putter i can practice with and ensure I'm in the right spots it pretty big for me. I sacrificed one for the spotlight putting it on and taking it off, but the other is going to stay on one of my mFGP2's for good I think.

Its simple, super simple, but its also super effective.
Awesome thanks looks like I will be ordering one tonight.

Back