2016 The Greenbrier Classic (Spoilers)

It may be possible if the water recedes soon and the weather is hot. They're gonna have a bit of work ahead of them though.

That's a great question buddy!! I guess it all depends on how long it takes for the water to come down, and what's left afterwards.

Luckily you and I don't have to try and get it in shape for the tourney

This is right by Greenbrier.

No big. Just a house on fire floating down the river.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

In my opinion, if there are people who could be working to help get others lives back in order, then they need to be doing that instead of fixing a golf course. I'm sure the event brings much needed money to the surrounding communities, but it seems somewhat callous to put in a golf tournament when only 2 weeks prior the area looked like this. Guess they're damned if the do, damned if they don't...

No way they get this course ready in two weeks.
If they do we will see this:
7eb5f2b8e95104fc683992ef96ce4099.jpg

No way it's impossible. Forget the bunkers and fairways the greens will need so much work it's just not going to happen even in a month.
And as someone said there are more important things to be working on than a golf course. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of staff have their houses in that flood. Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I hear, most of the locals want it cancelled so they can try to get on with what little is left of life. The water runs from south to North on the New River and all of the streams in the area have no where to drain. The water levels in my area haven't crest yet. I am about 3-4 hours away from there though.

From what I hear, most of the locals want it cancelled so they can try to get on with what little is left of life. The water runs from south to North on the New River and all of the streams in the area have no where to drain. The water levels in my area haven't crest yet. I am about 3-4 hours away from there though.

I hope it doesn't affect you buddy. Very much a life changing threat.

Tournament has officially been cancelled by the PGA Tour.

Hopefully they get everyone evacuated quickly and can get the area on the road to recovery quickly, see ya next year Greenbriar.

Back