If 14 Club Rule Bumped to 16...

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What two clubs would you add to the bag and why? Not so much worried about brand as I am loft/design and what purpose you'd have.

For me, I'd add a "deep" low lofted fairway to increase my driving accuracy on holes too long for my 3 wood and too short for my driver. Secondary to that, I think I would switch my bag setup to include a set GW at I assume 50 but then add wedges at 52-56-60 because I believe the gapping would be impeccable.

I would add a set sand wedge and set lob wedge for full swings and keep the regular wedges for pitches and chips/sand shots

Low lofted fairway and I would go set pw vokey 48,52,56,60 instead of currently vokey 46,50,54,58

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would add a set sand wedge and set lob wedge for full swings and keep the regular wedges for pitches and chips/sand shots

I'd add a 2 hybrid (17*) and probably have a 60* lob wedge bent to 62*.

I would do a deep faced 3 wood like the Bertha 1.5 or Ping G Stretch and add a 64* wedge.

Likely a FW in the 15 to 17 range and 64* wedge for me!

I would add another wedge in 48 and probably another hybrid or wood to fill the gap a bit more at the top of the bag.

I'd add another hybrid to sit between my 20* hybrid and my Apex 4 iron. I already carry 4 Mack Daddy wedges, lol.

I'd add a secondary driver, 13.5* and probably 43.5-44", and also a 64*.

depending on the course, but I would likely add a 2nd driver cut down to 43 or so inches then add a 62 or 64* wedge for the super flops.

Might consider a driving iron or crossover for windy days instead of the 2nd driver.

I'd add another club at the top & one at the bottom.

At the top I'd add a driver replacement with a shorter shaft & low loft to be used only off the tee.

At the bottom, I'd add a club to close the gaps between my wedges.

I'd keep my 2 iron in the bag instead of only playing it occasionally.

Hmm...I'd add back in my 4 iron along with my hybrid, and probably add in something like a 12* mini driver.

Not sure it would actually have much benefit to my scores, but if I could/had to add 2 more clubs, that's probably what I'd do.

Probably add a 64* and a 68* wedge. Just to make Canadan go "wha???"

I would add another higher lofted wedge, and probably game a 2nd driver as well.

I'd go with a mini driver and go back to a 52/56/60 wedge set up.

Either a driver cut to 3w or driving iron and a 64*

First I'd need a new bag, as my 14-way divider would become an issue...

I'd add a club to the top and bottom of the bag. I'd add back in my PM Grind 64° because there are times I'd like that extra loft green side, just not often enough to warrant it in there all the time. But I'd also give myself three tee options. My 2hy is there for getting it on or near to the fairway, but I'd have the luxury of both a 3w and driver and go with whatever is working that day to go longer.

A standard 3 wood for more consistent shots off the deck in lieu of using the Mini off the deck and a 62 degree wedge.

maybe more wedges and a 3iron. For more options.

But 16 isn't what I would like. I would much prefer 18, that way each section of a 6 way divider could have 3 clubs. For the sake of evening things out.

If 14 Club Rule Bumped to 16...

Maybe a wedge? I am currently only carrying 13 clubs anyway and no really hurry to add the 14th

Well maybe a 3 deep or mini driver.

I'd add a mini driver/short shafted driver for tighter shots off the tee, and a 62* wedge for specialty high spin shots around the green. My gaps otherwise are actually pretty tight.

I'd probably add a second driver and a 3W for more options at the top of my bag.

Probably go with a 16* hybo and fw I think it would gap well.

Back