Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still have wind chill advisory as well as winter storm watch/advisory. expecting 5-10"...nothing compared to boston area but we don't do good around here with 5+"

3 degrees this morning at 8:30 am - not counting wind chill. Plow came by last night around 11 pm, but we have another winter warning for tonight and tomorrow. Today was officially the coldest day on record for Feb. 16 in NJ history. I'm not complaining when I look at what Boston is enduring.

Golf is not in the forecast for quite a while.

Hard to argue is understatement. Have always had great times golfing with you.
I hope to. Testing out some gear as well as good weather and playing with an old friend and his son. Hard to argue with days like that.

Woke up to 34 this morning after 6 out of 7 days in the 70's. Glad I'm only a few days away from heading back to Scottsdale.

-10 this morning. -4 right now.

Shoveled my driveway and two of my neighbors (both older, one in their 70s and the other in her 80s). Not a big deal today, about three inches at most and dry, so it weighed next to nothing.

still have wind chill advisory as well as winter storm watch/advisory. expecting 5-10"...nothing compared to boston area but we don't do good around here with 5+"

Good luck buddy, hopefully that's all you get for the rest of the winter.

Last week, great weather, this week, not so much. Chance of light snow tonight. Looking better toward the weekend.

5e7000952e0217f23c3e379557cb96f8.jpg

Picture says a thousand words...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up to 1/2" of ice covering everything. Our official two weeks of winter is here in rhe piedmont of the Carolinas.

Woke up to 1/2" of ice covering everything. Our official two weeks of winter is here in rhe piedmont of the Carolinas.
Same goes for the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee

If it is going to be too cold to open the course (and it will be for at less the next week), at least give us a good wet heavy snow so we get some moisture.

Eight degrees and wind, um, think I'll stay home today.

Whew... It's over.

742b8c1f44dea667d4eb2ac6da289cb1.jpg

The national weather map. NSFW for language.

Spoiler
10922644_991767114185730_6840537335401749750_n.jpg

Just got an email from the county courses in my area. All of them re-closed till March 6th due to the weather.

Six inches of snow, no golf today. It's melting but probably not quick enough for Saturday golf either.

Six inches of snow, no golf today. It's melting but probably not quick enough for Saturday golf either.

No snow ski's huh? . You're a tough old coot for sure

It should finally get into the 30s Sunday about noon. Might be barely warm enough to golf on Tuesday, but it's supposed to be rainy that day. Next Friday and Saturday look like a chance to play depending on how much snow we get Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Sucks. Although after that weekend, it looks like average highs should be around 50 for the rest of the month. Hope so.

No snow ski's huh? . You're a tough old coot for sure

The course may be open tomorrow for play. If so, I will be there. There will be snow around the edges and in shades with lots of soft wet ground in between. So, I don't look for any course records (of the good kind.)

The course may be open tomorrow for play. If so, I will be there. There will be snow around the edges and in shades with lots of soft wet ground in between. So, I don't look for any course records (of the good kind.)

Oh me and Shaney are playing tomorrow around 10:30ish but no snow on our golf course. I played today with short sleeves for most of the day. :act-up:

Oh man! I messed up, should have let the son-in-law off the hook and come down and joined you guys! I already got us into a game up here in the slop. Can't wait to get back to Lane Creek.

Oh man! I messed up, should have let the son-in-law off the hook and come down and joined you guys! I already got us into a game up here in the slop. Can't wait to get back to Lane Creek.

You guys will have a blast! See you next time good buddy. KellyBo and I want to make your course a must this year.

You guys will have a blast! See you next time good buddy. KellyBo and I want to make your course a must this year.

That sounds good, when the grass gets green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back