Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

So looking at their site the 5.5 could be the one for me. Hope they have some at the AA Monday when I go in. I am very interested in going Graphite, all the benefits and lower pain sounds great. Would you put this higher on your opinion scale then the Aerotech or MCI?

Im not a huge fan of Aerotechs, high quality, but did not care for the feel of them. Personal thing. I like MCIs, and would put these in a similar class.

Talked about these quite a bit today. Specifically around the technology in these, especially with the "expanded" sweet spot
Definitely on my must hit list for 2015.

Nice looking! U have a pic of at address? Curious of the amount of offset.

Programs are awesome! I was in a fitting for them until I heard the price tag. Great shafts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure at least some of these will be in my bag for quite some time. Seriously good forgiveness, solid distance, good ball flight and a package that I like the feel of. Paired these up with the black Lamkin i-Lines and the whole package is perfect for me.

Pretty sure at least some of these will be in my bag for quite some time. Seriously good forgiveness, solid distance, good ball flight and a package that I like the feel of. Paired these up with the black Lamkin i-Lines and the whole package is perfect for me.

Intersting. Need to give these a go. What is the stock shaft?

These don't look too bad.

I'll tell u what starting with the ci11's and continuing intimate these, Wilson is making a serious return to golf. Their balls are no joke either. The 50 elite and Duo are some of the best balls for value out there. Good for them. I'll be hitting these for sure

Aren't they the UST Elements Chrome?

Yes. The above is right. The Kuro Kage was a different shaft that we were all speaking about at the event. The Elements Chrome is the standard offering.

I love the looks of these irons, I think they're a big step up from the Di11s and the D100s.

Unfortunately, though, I don't know if I'd actually be able to hit them. Like others have noted, W/S club distribution is not that great. My local Golfsmith has only one set of W/S irons, some FG Tours from last season. When I wanted to try the Di11s, they had one of the half and half sets on clearance but that was it so I bought them site unseen based on the epic testing thread here. I truly hope W/S can get their clubs into more stores because they do have some great tech and values.

I love the looks of these irons, I think they're a big step up from the Di11s and the D100s.

Unfortunately, though, I don't know if I'd actually be able to hit them. Like others have noted, W/S club distribution is not that great. My local Golfsmith has only one set of W/S irons, some FG Tours from last season. When I wanted to try the Di11s, they had one of the half and half sets on clearance but that was it so I bought them site unseen based on the epic testing thread here. I truly hope W/S can get their clubs into more stores because they do have some great tech and values.

They did talk about that a bit and one solution they've gone with is a mobile fitting van. Season is winding down but that might be something to look for next year.

They did talk about that a bit and one solution they've gone with is a mobile fitting van. Season is winding down but that might be something to look for next year.

This is something that definitely can help put irons in someone's hands if they search it out. GG and I were at one of their mobile fitting van events last year and they do a great job.

These have been on the course now and so far they are delivering for me. They get up quick, travel far and are incredibly forgiving. The only irons I have hit this far in the past have been the new Big Bertha irons and I am liking what I am seeing so far. What it has allowed me to do, is focus on nothing more than my tempo and because of that hit shots that I am really enjoying it.

I have been able to flight it down, which was something I was not sure about going in and did so with relative ease.

These may just stay in the bag for quite some time.

If they unseat the Alts, that will perk some ears up in a big way.

These have been on the course now and so far they are delivering for me. They get up quick, travel far and are incredibly forgiving. The only irons I have hit this far in the past have been the new Big Bertha irons and I am liking what I am seeing so far. What it has allowed me to do, is focus on nothing more than my tempo and because of that hit shots that I am really enjoying it.

I have been able to flight it down, which was something I was not sure about going in and did so with relative ease.

These may just stay in the bag for quite some time.

What big differences are you seeing between the 2 sets (these and berthas)? Obviously you stated the distances are similar, would that hold true on the off center hits between the 2? (especially with the expanded sweet spot)

What big differences are you seeing between the 2 sets (these and berthas)? Obviously you stated the distances are similar, would that hold true on the off center hits between the 2? (especially with the expanded sweet spot)

It seems to for me. I think the Berthas are a bit more forgiving laterally, but nothing earth shattering. One of the biggest differences is the sound at impact. They are completely different irons, however their goals are very similar. Hope that makes sense.

How much distance loss are you seeing on off center hits? Nothing dramatic I would imagine?

How much distance loss are you seeing on off center hits? Nothing dramatic I would imagine?

No chance to really tell as of yet, as more testing and launch monitor time is needed. With the Bertha irons, I see virtually none, which is pretty scary when you think about it. With these there is a small drop off. Nothing major at all, and better than many others I have tested to date.

Testing these two out on the launch monitor later today on off center strikes at the range.

5aeabd1e4083899a09637fb6de5b9c2b.jpg

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to results.

Testing these two out on the launch monitor later today on off center strikes at the range.

Looking forward to what you have to say...

Hey Josh,

Did you get a chance to run this comparison?

I think I'm going to replace my 2011 TP CBs this coming spring & I'm leaning toward more of a distance iron. Both of these, the BBs & the 545s look to be in the running so far.

Look forward to following your review.

Back