State Apparel - Product Spotlight Preview

That's awesome that they dropped in to answer the comments. Seeing their response I can for sure see the use now especially on practice swings. It's still a hefty price tag, but made in the USA is a big plus. I must have missed that before.

I am really intrigued by these as I could see wearing them in the fall/winter here in the bay, and I could have used them during my trip to Bandon Dunes.

The biggest stickler is the $205 price tag which after tax/shipping gets them to $228.... that is a tough price tag to swallow....

Love supporting new products, especially those that are made in the USA but will take a while before I can even consider that type of a purchase for pants.

The trousers look awful. They look like the shorts I wear for moutain biking. The shirts look quite nice, but not $105 nice.

I appreciate what they are trying to do but I couldn't ever see myself using the cuff to wipe my club off but the pockets are a genius idea and I wish that would catch on mainstream.

I thought about these pants yesterday during my round. I probably wiped my club face with my thumb (and then my thumb on my shorts) four or five times yesterday. The concept is a good one.

I did too Seth lol. The shirt woukd have come in handy a few times thanks to some freshly cut wet grass.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of these as the last round I played I realized I am always wiping the clubface/ball on my shirt/pants.... Might as well try out a product that is actually designed for this.

will post some pics/thoughts once I receive them.

Cool stuff mancest. Wore them the other day.

Cool stuff mancest. Wore them the other day.

Still liking them? I can't believe I dropped that much on a pair of pants, but I played most of my golf last year in Nov-March so I think I will get some good use out of them.

Yea they are solid for this time of year. I usually just wear slacks so it's nice not to have to worry about ruining them.

I am the same way, I wear the same pants I do to work. Last thing I need is big green/brown stain around my waist line....

thanks for the feedback!

3ce73ec680add79fa6a15e6ca08ce99f.jpg

Pretty impressive opening. Some Eco tees and a sheet explaining the gear.

Seems high quality stuff. Fit is good, but I can tell it is something only for cooler weather.

Will post more when I get them on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tried these yesterday and came away impressed as I think that was the type of round these were designed for (high 50s/low 60s after rain).

Will take me a while to get used to using the cleaning areas, by the end of the round I found myself using the area around the ankle to clean my clubface in between practice swings/actual shots and cleaning the ball on the green with the area in the pockets.

Looking forward to getting these out more, but really liked the pockets on these (both front and back) and found them to be very comfortable, even as I drove 90 minutes before and after the round.

Early thought is still the price point is a bit high, the quality is excellent and the product is functional, but if they could get the price below $200 shipped I think it would get quite a bit more consideration. I am no marketing guru, just some thoughts from random guy.

Thanks for the feedback dude.

Still sporting your State pants mancest?

I've been wearing them for most of my outings this winter/spring. A couple things I like - 1) they are really warm compared to work slacks and 2) I don't worry playing in sloppy conditions.

Just saw this thread (the kickstarter made me come check this out), I wore them several times this spring (even 2 weeks ago when I played over in San Francisco), they are great on windy days especially as you mention they keep you warm.

Have held up really well with multiple wearings/washings. Won't get much use for the next several months unless weather goes crazy, but these are my go to pants if it is going to be in the 60s or lower.

Still sporting your State pants mancest?

I've been wearing them for most of my outings this winter/spring. A couple things I like - 1) they are really warm compared to work slacks and 2) I don't worry playing in sloppy conditions.

So after having these pants for over a year (and going back for a 2nd pair and several shirts and pair of shorts) the founder emailed me with a holiday offer for friends and family.

If anybody is interested in a in buying some of this gear PM me and I will shoot you a discount code for 30% off.

Back