JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It deserves it's own thread. Some regions do it differently, and most are delicious.

local-lobster-roll.jpg

food-republic-lobster-roll-820x518.jpg

lobster-roll-menu-featured.jpg

There is a place in Lakewood, OH called Jammy Buggars (a British themed gastropub) that has an absolutely fantastic Lobster roll...and now I want one haha.

Ouuu, I'll have to get in on this one.

• Admin
Here is mine from this weekend
4a5da60a7e2ac078029b8807ca932eff.jpg

Went to Boston last fall and had a couple. Wanted to get one of the famous ones from Neptune Oyster, but couldn't bear to wait the 3 hour wait.

Don't believe I have ever eaten one but definitely want to have one after seeing the tantalizing pics in the OP

One of my favorite things to eat when done "right". I really prefer hot lobster rolls, but I will eat them both ways.

Well...that looks fantastic. Don't do much seafood up here for obvious reasons, but man now I want one.

LOVE a good lobster roll. There are a few places down this way that do them well, and a few places that do them quite terrible.

Might need to make my own this week.

There is a place in Lakewood, OH called Jammy Buggars (a British themed gastropub) that has an absolutely fantastic Lobster roll...and now I want one haha.
Man ohio is the last place in the world I would expect to find a good lobster roll but I am going to have to remember that one next time on my travels.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

One of my favorite things to eat when done "right". I really prefer hot lobster rolls, but I will eat them both ways.

Im with you. When I lived in CT, I swear I ate them 3 times a week for lunch. Much prefer them hot, but will eat both ways as well. Even had a deep fried one recently that was very good.

Im with you. When I lived in CT, I swear I ate them 3 times a week for lunch. Much prefer them hot, but will eat both ways as well. Even had a deep fried one recently that was very good.

Hot on a butter toasted bun.......yes please.

One of the reasons the wife and I travel to R.I. every year, I may be bias but I think R.I. has some of the best anywhere. We have them for lunch everyday when there and gain some lbs in that week.

Here is mine from this weekend
4a5da60a7e2ac078029b8807ca932eff.jpg
I've never had one so share with me about the spice, or condiments, or anything else about a GOOD lobster roll, please. Thanks!

I've never had one so share with me about the spice, or condiments, or anything else about a GOOD lobster roll, please. Thanks!

Its chunks of lobster meat, drawn butter on a garlic style hot dog bun. No spice or condiments needed.

I've never had a true lobster roll, a couple imitations, I need the real thing, guess I need to head to the NE!

I've never had one but OMG they look delicious.

I've never had a lobster roll, but they look good!

I have tried lobster a couple of times (including curried lobster in Jamaica) whilst on holidays but I am not a fan of the taste of them so I will not be trying any of these rolls despite how much anyone tries to tempt me

When they are fresh they are amazing it has been quite a few years since i visited my family in New England and had a proper Lobster Roll but i guess McDonalds is going to be selling them again this summer i bet they don't make it out west

Seriously, it just needs to be the lobster meat with butter on a hot dog bun, nothing else. The first 2 pictures that JB put up anger me. Don't give me a lobster roll with chives or lettuce or other stuff put in it. The best one that I've had is in Mashpee, Massachusetts at the Raw Bar (Cape Cod area). Here's a picture of one of their lobster rolls. You have to eat 2/3 of the lobster meat with your fork before you can even think about putting the bun into your mouth.

o.jpg

Lobster rolls are very simple... Traditionally you steam the lobster, shell and cut up, soak in melted butter that's just melted not overly hot. Serve in a split top hotdog bun that's been steamed or lightly toasted and buttered. I like a little salt and pepper, but not too much.

Nothing else.

No mayo or chives or lettuce or any other nonsense.

Love the lobster roll, indulged in a CT Style and MA Style over the weekend, both on pretzel rolls.

Living in Utah, I don't get them very often, but always when I'm in New England. I may need to get back out there just for one of these.

Back