The Official Patrick Reed Thread

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
With the book excerpt coming out, I thought it might be time for a place to talk about all things Patrick Reed!

http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/30/the-villain-patrick-reed/
The Villain: Patrick Reed

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/reed-accused-cheating-stealing-book-excerpt/
Reed accused of cheating, stealing in book excerpt

Interesting video of his folks and sister:
http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/golf/2013-08-18/patrick-reeds-family-celebrates-win

does it mention currently the best golfer under the age of 25?

In on page 1 before the anti-Reed's join in on the talk! Ha!

#Shhhhhhhhh

I love his attitude. How else could you compete at that level and not have confidence to your own ability? I root for him almost every week!

After reading the Tobacco Road excerpt, I am changing my stance and hes not my favorite golfer on tour.

Coles notes? How did he allegedly cheat and steal?

I'm wondering if this will be one of the top 5 threads on THP.

Side Note: I like Patrick Reed
Second Side Note: I like to make jokes.

Coles notes? How did he allegedly cheat and steal?

Here are the excerpts from the article

During a qualifying round prior to a tournament, according to sources, Reed hit a ball far into the rough. When he approached the spot, he found another ball sitting closer to the fairway, and was preparing to hit it when several of his teammates confronted him. Reed pled ignorance, but the other Georgia players were convinced he had been caught red-handed trying to cheat. That same fall, several items went missing from the Georgia locker room, including a watch, a Scotty Cameron putter, and $400 cash. When Reed showed up the next day with a large wad of cash, sources say a teammate confronted him and asked how he’d come by the money. Reed said he’d played golf with a professor at the school and hustled him out of the cash. The player in question took this claim to the professor, who had no idea what he was talking about—it had been weeks since the man had played with Reed.
Again, no action was taken, but as far as his teammates were concerned, Reed was guilty of cheating and thieving. Even now, on Tour, a source told me that there’s a private joke among certain players when Reed enters a locker room: “Hide your things,” they tell each other. “Patrick’s here.”

On one memorable night—one of the few times he hung out with his teammates in a social setting—sources say he became so belligerent at one of his teammates that he earned a punch in the face. He also got suspended for the start of the season for reasons that remained shrouded in mystery for the longest time, kept secret by golf’s omerta.
The news trickled around the Georgia golf community, though, and the cause of the suspension—confirmed by multiple sources—didn’t surprise the teammates who knew him back in Athens: Cheating in a qualifying event.

Obviously had no idea he had this past. But I mean all this is from college. Not excusing it, but sometimes people grow up and straighten out.

Innocent until proven guilty ....all you have is allegations

The cheating and stealing is really bad... He is still young, I think he's a heck of a talent though.

Yep, I've heard a lot of the same things about Reed around these parts. People change and hopefully that's true for Reed.

If some of that is true, that sucks, but isn't hugely surprising to me. Honestly he always came across as immature and a bit of a DB, if I'm being honest.

That being said, he's got some growing to do and he definitely isn't beyond maturing a bit. I love his game and his confidence.

Innocent until proven guilty ....all you have is allegations
Wrong. We are not in a legal setting. The court of public opinion is guilty until proven innocent.

I was pretty shocked reading this stuff. Sucks to hear. Changes my opinion of him a lot if it's true.

The way Tiger is playing today they might want to see if Reed stole his golf game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading the Tobacco Road excerpt, I am changing my stance and hes not my favorite golfer on tour.

I got to the part surrounding his parents and I realized how sad it is. I understand not everyone has a perfect child/parent relationship, but if the article holds even a small amount of truth about their relationship, I truly feel sad for his parents.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Watched him a lot yesterday and I wish I could make more of a full turn like he does, especially as big of a dude as he is.

That looks pretty bad for him, if he did those things I hope he's found the right path and takes it.

the guy has talent and is one of the better players at 25 and under. im not a fan of his and not one to judge. whether the stuff from college is true or not doesn't affect my feelings towards him...hopefully for him he has grown up and learned from that and becomes a better person each day.

Really? Patrick is 3 years older, but Spieth has only showed flashes.

yeah I think Spieth has the better game but just needs to work on his consistency. I think Reed's game is very good but I feel that over time we will still be talking about Spieth and not so much about Reed.

yeah I think Spieth has the better game but just needs to work on his consistency. I think Reed's game is very good but I feel that over time we will still be talking about Spieth and not so much about Reed.

over time I agree, I think Spieth will have the better career. But at this point in time, edge goes to Reed IMO.

Back