Golfing alone or with strangers?

By myself I prefer to play alone. If I have someone with me then I am fine being paired up. Bobby and I were paired with two guys from Kentucky last weekend and they were really nice guys and I enjoyed their company during the round very much.

So do you ask the scheduler to pair you up with someone?

I don't play fancy enough establishments to have a starter, but on occasions that I do, I normally would.

Treat every random pair up as a chance to make new golf buddies. Don't let their talent, or lack there of, throw you off. Go enjoy meeting new people.

Excellent advice. I often go to course alone and even though I am a quiet person I enjoy playing golf with different people. Golf is Fun!

I will play with anyone. Last year I picked up a guy who was walking on a hot day and asked him if he wanted to ride, he agreed and we have become good friends. We try to get together at least once or twice a month to play. Even though it is a 1 1/2 hour drive for one of us, we have played quite a few new course that I wouldn't have normally played on my own.

I would rather play alone when I need to work on my weakest part of game. I dont mind playing with strangers unless they are as$holes. haha. But thats rare.

Alone or paired up I don't really care, I'm just happy I can get out and play.

you can meet some interesting people on the course so i do not mind playing with strangers

Is there some place on this forum where you can find golfers in certain cities. For example, I'm in Omaha. Any thp members in Omaha and how do I find them?

I don't mind playing with strangers. I rarely run into people who make the round seem like work.

Out of the scores of people I've been paired with or happened to join throughout the years, I've only had a handful of less than positive experiences. Most have been very decent to tremendous individuals.

I like meeting new people but I can never be too sure how they feel about meeting me. ?

Back