Pat Summit Passes Away

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
Sad news this AM as legendary coach Pat Summit has passed away at the age of 64. One of the most remarkable stats in all of sports belongs to her. Every player she had from 1976-2011 made at least 1 Final Four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a sad day. I had heard the other day she wasn't doing well but didn't realize she was this bad. RIP

It's gonna be a somber day here in Knoxville today.

Very sad day for not only the sports world, but the world period. Summit played a big, if not the biggest, part in bringing women's college basketball to prominence in the sports world. She leaves behind a great legacy in not only the achievements that she attained at Tennessee, but also with the countless young ladies she impacted along the way. RIP Pat Summit.

RIP Coach Summit

A great pioneer in women's sports! She will be missed!

I don't think her impact on women's athletics will ever be truly quantified. It was immeasurable IMO. Such a sad day indeed. Incredibly ironic it happens right after the Feherty episode showcasing this awful disease.

Prayers for everyone affected by this disease.

Such a huge loss. Summit was one of the biggest coaches in all of sports. She changed women's basketball, and women's sports in general. A true legend that was taken way too soon. Prayers for her family and Volunteer family.

front page of ESPN.com with a great line:

To say there will never be anyone like Pat Summitt is not hyperbole. In fact, it seems inadequate.

Rest in peace, coach.

I'm guessing it was something other than Alzheimer's at that age? Didn't really follow that closely.

RIP Coach Summit

I'm guessing it was something other than Alzheimer's at that age? Didn't really follow that closely.

It progressed rapidly.

So sad. She is a legend.

Wonderful coach and great person, RIP.

Wow, that progressed so quickly. So incredibly sad Alzheimers, this disease is just brutal. A true pioneer in the world of women's athletics that opened the door for so many others. RIP Coach Summitt.

She was a legend. I knew one of her former players and heard some great stories. She was a great Coach and a great person.

She did a lot for Women's BBall and sports. She'll be missed by many. RIP Coach.

Summit played a big, if not the biggest, part in bringing women's college basketball to prominence in the sports world.
Was going to say this very thing. Women's basketball owes everything to Pat Summit. Alzheimer's sucks.

Alzheimer's is a b*tch. RIP, coach. There will never be another like her.

Rip one of the best coaches in sports ever.

A great piece by Tamika Catchings during the legendary coach's Celebration of Life.

Back