Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie and Tara. She tries to act like she doesn't like him but we all know better.

Charlie is huge. Tara is 75 pounds and 24 inches at the withers and she looks tiny compared to him.

47af10eb13bdd629e3cdec8b24698b90.jpg

Belly bands are great. I have purchase cloth and a more stretchy material one and we like th stretchy material better. One of the biggest issues with them is scruntching up and no longer covering. We had better success with the stretchy material in regards to the scruntching.

Let me know how it goes. I would love to see her final product.

This first one is working quite well!

20150128_191533_zpsg1erymt5.jpg

JM

Thanks for the pillow

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422636583670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422636583670.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
a613fe60c5db69f49fd89b1a9aa4b01f.jpg

"We need to talk about all these weeknight activities you participate in.…"

cf3bb6d1a0189f05686be1e87b55db3b.jpg

Uh oh, the wife and I stopped by this place (The Family Puppy) after dinner last night...might be bringing home this little ball of sunshine in the coming days.

home_6.jpg

Last edited:
Meet Pico THP, a 4 year old small munsterlander.

39d35c697ce0230cc2450f79820b7df2.jpg

If our visit goes well next week and we pass the home inspection I will have my new hunting buddy. It's been such a hard month since losing my brittany. I really need this to go well.

I love this thread! I had not posted it on THP but Petey was staying over night with a friend of ours on 1/3/15, he ran through her dog fence even though he was wearing a shock collar. We have not seen him since. We put out flyers, called the vets in the area, groomers, city pound, area rescue foundation and knocked on doors, absolutely no one has seen him or even a similar dog. Lynne and I are still in a state of mourning over losing him but we have agreed that we will wait a couple of years before getting another dog. Our friend that we used to swap out watching their dog and they would watch Petey have moved and it was always tough to get someone to sit him on last minute notice.

We plan to sit dogs for some friends occasionally until we do decide to get a new pet.

I love this thread! I had not posted it on THP but Petey was staying over night with a friend of ours on 1/3/15, he ran through her dog fence even though he was wearing a shock collar. We have not seen him since. We put out flyers, called the vets in the area, groomers, city pound, area rescue foundation and knocked on doors, absolutely no one has seen him or even a similar dog. Lynne and I are still in a state of mourning over losing him but we have agreed that we will wait a couple of years before getting another dog. Our friend that we used to swap out watching their dog and they would watch Petey have moved and it was always tough to get someone to sit him on last minute notice.

We plan to sit dogs for some friends occasionally until we do decide to get a new pet.

Aw, wow...sorry to hear about Petey. Any hope he might still turn up?

That is very sad, I am so sorry, Randy! Maybe he will show up still. Was he microchipped, or wearing a collar?

that kills me buddy. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully something changes and Petey shows up.

I'm very sorry to hear that Randy, that is tough brother.

Maybe also consider doing some fostering for a local shelter if that interests you. You aren't committed to raising them and can better dictate when you want a pup in the house.

This has really been heartbreaking for me Randy. I still check Craigslist and several Facebook pages to see if he's been found by someone. I'm glad he has a microchip in case he is found. Still hoping for a miracle.

This has really been heartbreaking for me Randy. I still check Craigslist and several Facebook pages to see if he's been found by someone. I'm glad he has a microchip in case he is found. Still hoping for a miracle.

Hoping you get that miracle and we see the post about it here and in the HHJJ thread.

That's rough DD, I can certainly empathize with the loss you're feeling. Hoping for the best and he turns up somewhere soon!

I still ride the area at least once per week but we just feel that he is gone. Of course there is always hope, one of our friends had a cat suddenly show up this week after 2 years so that gave us a little lift. Hopefully the micro chip will get him back to us soon.

Wow Randy. So sorry to hear this. Hang in there and you never know......

JM

This one has broken my heart this week. We have actually been to the Mississippi State Vet School when my daughter was thinking about vet school. We think this was a bait dog. Was left in a box at the vet. Multiple fractures, one behind the left eye, many lacerations, tongue cut and generally abused. Best guess is that she is 8 weeks old. We cannot handle another one, but we are keeping track of her. Nothing deserves that kind of treatment. Warning, pic heavy!

d8b82a550177131b3078e37994cf2711_zps8d6fab5a.jpg

d7d341338b9f012cec95776ac15bb823_zpsddf18609.jpg

8281dd808693fd0d9638596e2e5c1ae0_zps40f0e8f5.jpg

001f3b99a4f8e81d44cba6dbc90fb86a_zps703a1578.jpg

c1d8a67c0163e37253416f202420e84d_zps7e99d99c.jpg

So all of this happened locally, and this organization took her down to MSU vet school to get help since the students get practice under supervision and there is a very reduced cost. Dog fighting is real, and in order to keep them sharp, bait dogs are used. I get so mad at this that it makes me irrationally angry.

We are going to watch this one, and may take her in for a while if there room needs to be made. To me, this is what rescuing a dog is about. Who could do this to an innocent pup?

JM

Watching some college basketball and this pretty lady is keeping me company.

12ac368b2b081812811fe1f7b507b2f9.jpg

a6b3f5f9a6da10c4fb92ef65c176291b.jpg

she is watching me

JM, people that fight dogs or just plain abuse them are bottom-feeders. Punishments are not stiff enough for these pieces of trash. Makes me sick and angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back