Do you guys adjust your hybrid/fairway woods lie?

Sennamont

Reaction score
Handicap
Allergies
I've noticed that my woods /hybrids(which I hit from the ground very often) that the wear/tear mark on the sole is mainly on the heel side, which can explain my left hook tendencies and thin shots. I understand the lies are less important than irons(I play purple/orange dot Ping irons, flat flat flat) because of loft but I plan to optimize it regardless. There are virtually no information on hybrid/woods bending so is cutting the shaft down the only way to go about it? Any of you guys done anything or get fitted for it? Please share!:arrogant:

e62a7a6809.png

I've noticed that my woods /hybrids(which I hit from the ground very often) that the wear/tear mark on the sole is mainly on the heel side, which can explain my left hook tendencies and thin shots. I understand the lies are less important than irons(I play purple/orange dot Ping irons, flat flat flat) because of loft but I plan to optimize it regardless. There are virtually no information on hybrid/woods bending so is cutting the shaft down the only way to go about it? Any of you guys done anything or get fitted for it? Please share!:arrogant:

e62a7a6809.png

I could be mistaken but I think the draw setting on the cobra changes the lie to more upright. If you have it on a draw setting try moving it to the standard setting.

Hybrids are difficult to bend since the hosels are typically shorter than on irons.

I wish they were easier to adjust, but no I do not. The sole is cambered more than an iron so there's not as much need to do it as there is an iron or wedge.

Nope, have it on normal, I'm just naturally shorter with longer arms, so I require flatter lie. Doesn't seem like most people adjust them, I'll just cut them and report back.

interesting topic imo. I mean I understand the insignificance for lie angle with say driver/3wood but didn't consider hybrids. I mean if one plays a 2* upright with a 5iron than why not a 5 hybrid? Would it not require the same fit? and also have the same reasoning for it? IDK and I am curious.
When I baught my latest set of clubs (couple years now) I ordered them 2* up to match my recommended fitting. But did that include my 3,4hybs or was that just the irons? again, IDK

I personally do not, I had it adjusted on my old 3 Deep. But that was done by one of the best fitters in the industry. He also swapped the shaft and tipped it too. While we waited.

six4three5 adjusted mine when he gave it me, 2 hybrid with a slight draw setting, have not touched the setting since numbers dialed it in for me!

Back