King cobra ss-I irons

codyhenry4

Reaction score
Just snagged a used set of king cobra ss-I irons of eBay. I have a crappy starter set from dicks that I'm not a huge fan of. They are in great shape and look to have some good reviews.i know they are a little bit older, but I am ballin on a budget. Haha. I was curious what you guys had to say about them.

Blast from the past. Been a long time since i tested a set of these. Give them a run and tell us what you think.

I played these a few years back , very forgiving and a nice soft feel for a cast iron.
gb

I bought a set for my buddy to replace his starter set and he saw immediate improvement. I think that era of Cobra irons is highly underrated. Game those babies with pride. I think it's a great set.

How is the weight of them? I'm assuming there gonna feel a little on the heavy side.

I don't think that will be a problem. They feel very easy to swing to me when I've tried them.

I played a set for 5 years and played well with them Pretty forgiving, but still good looking.

I used them this morning. I love the feel and the forgiveness with these irons. Shot my best score ever!

I know this is an older thread but I found it while searching for the specs on these irons as I was debating replacing the set PW. I bought a used set of these irons with steel shafts in great shape for like $75 a couple of years ago (which replaced my beloved Tommy Armour 845's) and they are still in the bag. They feel great and are easy to play. Hard to believe they came out 14 years ago and I still wouldn't hesitate a second recommending these to someone. I did replace the 3 iron with a hybrid but the 3 iron was really pretty easy to hit too.

Standard disclaimer: I'm not a bright man so please take that into account when considering these comments. Also, I don't have anything to base my comparison on aside from the aforementioned TA 845's and a set of Adams Idea A4 forged irons that are sitting practically brand new in the corner of my closet that I can't seem to put a good swing on. Oh and also a set of Spalding irons with graphite shafts that I got from Service Merchandise in 1987 that were probably left in the trunk of the Cutless when it was towed to the junk yard.

IMG_20170122_132426051_zpssb8kyr08.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back