Equipment Geek or Not

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a gearhead? Equipment Nerd? Do you love shiny new things?
Or, are you just about the game and the gear is secondary?

Of course i think the majority of us here are

I don't think I would consider myself a gearhead, but I do love new golf equipment. If the budget allowed I would probably buy a lot more than I do.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'd LOVE to be a gearhead AND an equipment nerd, but due to $$$, I'm just in it for the game now, mostly. Who knows, hopefully in the future that changes.

I love to play golf first. I love to play golf with shiny new toys second. But if someone threw me $1000 that I could use on new clubs or playing, it would be for playing every single time.

I am not, I'm about the game and the people I play with.

Total equipment nerd, gearhead, AND I love shiny things. Although I'm kinda cheap, so I don't act on it as much as some. But I buy my fair share of gear. Half my bag is new (to me at least) this year.

I of course love the game and the company at least as much, but the gear is part of the fun for me.

I'm a gearhead.

By job, and most definitely by choice.

I'm in it more for the game. If I wasn't planning on retiring from my current job very soon, I would probably be more of a gearhead. I do love shiny new things, but also love equipment that is predictable that I am used to.

Love the gear, love seeing the new releases and how excited the OEM's and consumers are about them.

Sadly, new isn't always possible for me due to price, and tend to wait for markdowns before being able to pull the trigger a lot of times.

I like seeing shiny new clubs. I wish I had the funds or the effort to do more experimenting, but I've found what works pretty well for me until I can get more consistent.

I like shiny new things, but in the main, I strongly believe it's the Indian, not the arrow.

I love shiny new things and trying out all of the new stuff

I'm more about the game and meeting new people, but I do love new equipment.

I guess, I would consider my self a gearhead on a limited budget. I love to tinker with my stuff. I'm slowly amassing a collection of club building equipment. This weekend's project is to make a shaft puller. After that I should have a nice little shop to keep myself busy at night.

All about the game for me, I put in the bag what works and it usually stays for years

I wouldn't say I'm a gear head but I am definitely a head case that uses tinkering and switching golf clubs to get around/compensate for swing flaws

I would say yes to all of it. However... I do have a lot of other priorities in life that takes precedence over golf that does not allow me time or money to pursue golf to my hearts content.

I am a pretty hopeless gearhead outside of golf - built Formula SAE cars in grad school, mountain bike aficionado, and ride and race dirtbikes for the last 10+ years. Plenty of shiny object lust carries over into golf for sure. I still put greens fees and getting out there first priority though, the experience is always worth more than the latest equipment.

Absolutely. My family thinks I'm nuts. If I ever get a job with crazy disposable income it would not be pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be much more of a gearhead in the past and didn't pay any attention to my swing. I've reversed the situation nowadays and I'm playing better because of it.

Not that being a gearhead is a bad thing. I just don't have the time. I still consult THP (gearhead central) for matters pertaining to gear.

I love shiny.

That being said, I love shiny on a budget, so I often will pick up gear suited for my game on the secondary market.

I love the gear but that doesn't mean I have to obtain the gear.

I'n not. I'm over those days.

I wouldn't say I'm a gear head but I am definitely a head case that uses tinkering and switching golf clubs to get around/compensate for swing flaws

Okay, you cant be serious...haha
You sir, are a gearhead. Stand proud with your fellow gear heads. :D

Back