Equipment Geek or Not

I am a gearhead and an equipment nerd for sure! I freaking love golf equipment and I'm proud to own every club in my bag or it wouldn't be there.

I am but I don't have the disposable cash to have all the extras I want haha I love my grandaddy clubs and won't change anything in the bag but I constantly ponder accessories

Love love LOVE new gear. It's a terrible sickness to have loo

I love hearing about all of the new gear and knowing about the technology that goes into the clubs. But in the past couple of years, I've barely changed out anything in my bag. I guess I've moved to a mentality where I'd prefer to spend my money on lessons and playing rounds of golf instead of constantly switching out equipment. When I do change equipment, I usually go get fit for it so there's less trial and error involved.

I would say I'm both at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just a tad. I like new shiny things and I like learning about gear but haven't dove deep into it...might change in 2 weeks. I like to enjoy the game too

I love trying/demoing new clubs. I love trying to understand the technology behind new releases to see if it makes sense for my game. My bag is rarely set for an entire year. Does that make me an equipment geek? Perhaps. But, I have always played golf because of the personal challenge it provides. So, my interest in the equipment is primarily in pursuit of tools that will help me score better.

OMG Yes!

To me, it's always the arrow!:rolleyes:

i would say no i am not a gearhead. The only club i have ever obtained that was in the same year it was released was my CX2 cure. All other clubs were new a year or 2 old from their release date. i dont really pine over the new releases i hit them at golfsmith but dont normally find they are better then what i am gaming.

I am not as bad as many on here. But my wife would disagree!

I don't have a whole lot of TOTAL sets ever, but I have most of the ones I have ever had!

I would have to say yes, I love to try out new "toys" to see how they fit with my game.

I'm a bit of a gearhead sure, I like seeing all the new stuff and hitting what i can. I haven't bought anything recently because I've realized fixing my swing will play the bigger roll vs new clubs but having said that, i still enjoy checking out new stuff and new shiny toys can be a lot of fun.

Yup, guilty as charged. I enjoy shiny new clubs and love trying them all out even if they don't make their way into my bag. Also love to learn about equipment. One of the many reasons I enjoy THP so much.

I'm about the game first. I will say I've become much more willing to experiment with different equipment since joining THP.

I wish it was just about the game, but the moment I say my bag is set, something else catches my eye and I end up spending more money...

I need to be more about the game and hopefully once Apex CF16 v3 show up that's exactly what will happen. Shiny things are fun, but it's an endless endeavor trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. I hope to reach equipment geek from a knowledge standpoint, though!

I think I'm more about playing and playing with good people but I like to buy new clubs when I can.

I love the gear. And love the tech behind it. I love playing but love gear even more I think

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love the shiny objects and have put that ahead of the game the last two years. I'm trying to get over that as my bank account has not enjoyed it as much as I have.

Total gearhead and proud of it!

I'm not a gear head in terms of being an expert on all things equipment. But I would say I'm more into than the average golfer, and I certainly like new and shiny, and seeing how different things work for me.

I really like looking at and reading about new gear but don't purchase new stuff too often (compared to many around here). :D

I love the equipment but don't feel it needs to be updated all the time. I need better newer irons and should be all set for awhile and prefer to put the money into lessons and playing nice courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would consider myself all of them. Love equipment. New or older love trying everything I can.

Back