DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed for tomorrow. Pushed us back an hour so don't tee off until 9:52.

The prep continues!

Sounds good. For you that is. I was thinking of sneaking it tomorrow. Not sure when I will get the chance to play. Probably December.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever hit are played with Mizuno jpx EZ irons and if so what did you think

Has anyone ever hit are played with Mizuno jpx EZ irons and if so what did you think
Been playing them all year and love them. High launch, forgiving across the face, and long.

Anyone up for playing Sunday morning? Saturday looks terrible weather wise right now but would like to get out somewhere else. Maybe Prairie Lakes?

I was told it was 3 nine hole courses sounds fun plus my mom is flying in that afternoon I'll be close to pick her up

I have family coming in on Sunday. So that will probably kill my golf until next Sunday. Have fun out there gentlemen.

Anyone up for playing Sunday morning? Saturday looks terrible weather wise right now but would like to get out somewhere else. Maybe Prairie Lakes?

Dammit. I might try to sneak down for the day.

Sunday, 11/23 @ 8:15 AM
Prairie Lakes Golf Course (Grand Prairie, TX)

1) #Cookie
2) mpete
3) Jman (maybe)
4) ?????

I approve of this thought!

I might be able to swing it as a pitch to give you some match play practice, drive down at the buttcrack of dawn and right back on the road when we're done.

Sunday, 11/23 @ 8:15 AM
Prairie Lakes Golf Course (Grand Prairie, TX)

1) #Cookie
2) mpete
3) Jman (maybe)
4) ?????

In laws coming in Friday night staying a week. I'd get skinned for thinking about leaving the house.

Y'all boys have fun.

I might be able to swing it as a pitch to give you some match play practice, drive down at the buttcrack of dawn and right back on the road when we're done.

If you promise not to go easy on me I will cover your green fee. :angel:

Hey DFW. I just signed up and live in SW Arlington. Went all out and just replaced every club in the bag with new sticks, even took my Scotty out of the bag. Tried and tried to love the new X5R but alas could not. They are all scheduled to be shipped by 11/22 then we started having near record cold after I ordered them! Praying for warm weather when they arrive to see how everything works.

Is there a way to join this thread or something I can do that will let me know when there are new posts or replies?

Hey DFW. I just signed up and live in SW Arlington. Went all out and just replaced every club in the bag with new sticks, even took my Scotty out of the bag. Tried and tried to love the new X5R but alas could not. They are all scheduled to be shipped by 11/22 then we started having near record cold after I ordered them! Praying for warm weather when they arrive to see how everything works.

Is there a way to join this thread or something I can do that will let me know when there are new posts or replies?

Welcome!! You should have an option in the top right corner to click on Thread Tools and then Subscribe to Thread.

Looking forward to meeting you!

That worked. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting the DFW folks also. Have a new bag and sticks to break in and see if will be a happy marriage.

Welcome to the DFW crew.
Hope you get your new equipment this week. Looks like Sunday will be a decent day to do some club testing.

Just thinking out loud:
Any golf going on Turkey weekend?

I'm tired of cold already, I just might head S. if I ain't got nothing going on.

Welcome to the DFW crew.
Hope you get your new equipment this week. Looks like Sunday will be a decent day to do some club testing.

Thanks but not likely. Order says shipping the 22nd and I have to regrip them soon as they arrive. It might just to tempting not to go this weekend with my old set but it will be hard to play with a set that will be pulled from my bag in a few days. Maybe a goodbye old friend round is in order. I do already have the new putter and anxious to put it through it's paces. You see there is always a reason to play!

You all may have heard this already but if not it might be good to keep in your pocket. At the very least it is worth a smile.

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a
particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for
a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I
give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.
"Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?"
the man asked.
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in
20 years!"
"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm
going to take you home for a hot shower and a terrific dinner cooked
by my wife."
The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you
for doing that?
The man replied, "That's okay. It's important for her to see what a
man looks like after he has given up drinking and golf."

Status