Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

Looking at the tracking data looks like wednesday is when i get it the one day this week we are going to have rain

My tracking data hasn't updated since Friday. Still says estimated delivery date Monday 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tracking data hasn't updated since Friday. Still says estimated delivery date Monday 17th.

I just saw that mine updated today saying it has departed FL

USPS needs to get it together with their tracking lol.

You folks are anxious and rightly so ! Looking forward to all the reviewers take on this puppy

You folks are anxious and rightly so ! Looking forward to all the reviewers take on this puppy

I am very very very excited!! Being selected was some of the news I've ever had lol.

I'm not one of the testers but I got my 815 last week and figured I'd put in a quick comment about my first trip to the range today with this bad boy. First off it was pretty cold (around 35 degrees) when I stepped on the range and there was a 5-10 mph breeze that was blowing in my face slightly from my right to left. That said, I figured my draw would be a bit more accentuated because of the wind. Not sure if the cooler weather had any impact. All together I hit around 50 balls with the 815 and surprisingly didn't have to make any adjustments other than the gravity core. Neutral at 10.5* was perfect for me.

I've never in my life hit longer, more accurate drives. By looking at the club face after every 10 balls I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was hitting it mostly in the center of the club face with a few strays just off-center. You wouldn't know by the ball flight though. Off-center hits went right on target. Even hits higher on the club face, which is my typical miss, were bombs (just slightly higher as you'd expect). You'd never even know that there was a head wind because the ball just carved straight through the wind. At times I wasn't sure when the ball was going to actually land!

All the hype about this driver being long and more forgiving is absolutely legit. I struggled mightily to hit the previous Alpha but the 815 was a night/day difference for me. And the Rogue Silver shaft is simply amazing. I was playing the Motore Speeder 661 in my old Bertha but never really loved it, as it tended to be a little boardy. I can say that I absolutely LOVE the Rogue Silver!

The big kicker (for me) was also the sound. Typical of Callaway drivers, this thing sounded crisp when hit. I hit around 10-15 balls with my Ping G30 and I cringed every single time. The G30 sounds like an old metal tee-ball bat. Not even a close match between the 815 and the G30 when it comes to the sound.

I've been searching for a while to find a driver that I could confidently put in the bag and I can truly say that I've finally found it in the Bertha Alpha 815. I'll just leave it at that because I know the testers are going to have tons more feedback about this club.

Thanks for posting and please keep it coming! I have never been so excited to go hit golf balls in the 30° weather haha. Hoping there's a box on my doorstep when I get home!!!!

Well the 815 didn't arrive today. I'm really hoping it wasn't lost somewhere along the way :(

Well the 815 didn't arrive today. I'm really hoping it wasn't lost somewhere along the way :(

Be patient. It will be like Christmas when it arrives :)

Patience is hard when the tracking isn't working lol. It could be on Mars for all I know lol

When it lands, your driver will be extraterrestrial!

I need to hit mine again. I went with a 44.75" shaft. I can't tell a difference yet

I need to hit mine again. I went with a 44.75" shaft. I can't tell a difference yet

what are you thoughts on the stock speeder

what are you thoughts on the stock speeder
Is the 665 considered stock? So far I like it. I wanted a mid launch shaft. I am +1 on the loft. Playing at 11.5°. Because I adore high ball flight.

First time with a shaft that short? What was you previous driver length?

First time with a shaft that short? What was you previous driver length?
45"

To be completely fair, I wanted to say, "ask your mother." Before giving a serious answer.

45"

To be completely fair, I wanted to say, "ask your mother." Before giving a serious answer.

In another thread that might have been acceptable, but you would have to put "trabek" to give the full effect.

Curious why try 44 3/4 & just not choke down a bit.

In another thread that might have been acceptable, but you would have to put "trabek" to give the full effect.

Curious why try 44 3/4 & just not choke down a bit.
Simplest answer, and the truth...because Freddie told me to

I like it.

Can't tell a difference from your previous at 45? Or the stock length of 45.5?

Simplest answer, and the truth...because Freddie told me to

Just curious if it was a control issue or to fix where you were hitting it on the face.

I went to 44 3/4 bc that allowed me to strike close to or at the center more often than with something longer.

Just curious if it was a control issue or to fix where you were hitting it on the face.

I went to 44 3/4 bc that allowed me to strike close to or at the center more often than with something longer.
Control issue. I tend to get really quick and aggressive. In a bad way. I miss too much.

I'm not one of the testers but I got my 815 last week and figured I'd put in a quick comment about my first trip to the range today with this bad boy. First off it was pretty cold (around 35 degrees) when I stepped on the range and there was a 5-10 mph breeze that was blowing in my face slightly from my right to left. That said, I figured my draw would be a bit more accentuated because of the wind. Not sure if the cooler weather had any impact. All together I hit around 50 balls with the 815 and surprisingly didn't have to make any adjustments other than the gravity core. Neutral at 10.5* was perfect for me.

I've never in my life hit longer, more accurate drives. By looking at the club face after every 10 balls I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was hitting it mostly in the center of the club face with a few strays just off-center. You wouldn't know by the ball flight though. Off-center hits went right on target. Even hits higher on the club face, which is my typical miss, were bombs (just slightly higher as you'd expect). You'd never even know that there was a head wind because the ball just carved straight through the wind. At times I wasn't sure when the ball was going to actually land!

All the hype about this driver being long and more forgiving is absolutely legit. I struggled mightily to hit the previous Alpha but the 815 was a night/day difference for me. And the Rogue Silver shaft is simply amazing. I was playing the Motore Speeder 661 in my old Bertha but never really loved it, as it tended to be a little boardy. I can say that I absolutely LOVE the Rogue Silver!

The big kicker (for me) was also the sound. Typical of Callaway drivers, this thing sounded crisp when hit. I hit around 10-15 balls with my Ping G30 and I cringed every single time. The G30 sounds like an old metal tee-ball bat. Not even a close match between the 815 and the G30 when it comes to the sound.

I've been searching for a while to find a driver that I could confidently put in the bag and I can truly say that I've finally found it in the Bertha Alpha 815. I'll just leave it at that because I know the testers are going to have tons more feedback about this club.
Good stuff OH! Looks like you got a great combo with the Rogue.

Is the 665 considered stock? So far I like it. I wanted a mid launch shaft. I am +1 on the loft. Playing at 11.5°. Because I adore high ball flight.
Any head to head comparisons with the SLDR yet?

Any head to head comparisons with the SLDR yet?
I am no longer in possession of a SLDR. I hate having multiple clubs around. Then I tinker and go back and forth.

Hey Brian , I have a extra 5-7 gram weights and tool if you need either your welcome to it , I made the jump to the titleist 915 lol

Back