PXI Project X 6.0 iron shafts

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
How stiff are they? Can someone with a 90-95 mph driver swing get away with using these?

How stiff are they? Can someone with a 90-95 mph driver swing get away with using these?

I would fire off a tweet to PX, I'd bet DB or one of the guys will answer you directly.

Maybe, if that person has a quick tempo. Otherwise I think that 5.5 would be better for that person. FWIW, I've been playing PXi 6.0 for the past 3 years, my swing speed with driver is anywhere between 100 and 105 mph.

I have those shafts in my new Apex irons. Last time I saw data, I was 105 MPH with driver and hit the Apex 5 iron about 185 to 190. :D
FWIW - I'm very happy with those shafts in my irons. I had them put in my Wedges too. ;)

You looking at steel or graphite?

I agree with Jman, see what they have to say.

i have the 6.0 .370 tip in my cf16 and my swing speed is right around 100 with driver, they are low launch and spin so there is that. What head are you looking at with these?

I agree with Jman, see what they have to say.

i have the 6.0 .370 tip in my cf16 and my swing speed is right around 100 with driver, they are low launch and spin so there is that. What head are you looking at with these?

Wilson Staff F5s. Low launch is no bueno for me.

PXI Project X 6.0 iron shafts

Consider the XP shafts if you're wanting a bit higher launch. But IMHO for irons the head has far more influence on launch than the shaft and the F5 can get the ball up quickly.

You might want to put this question to @vgolfman and see what he thinks.

echoing what others said. if you're concerned about launch, px 6.0 probably won't be a good fit. personally, i love the feel (or lack thereof) of px shafts. i have gamed them in 5.5 and 6.0. i'm by no means a high ball hitter, and my driver swing is in the 95-100 range. last november i was hitting cf16 7i with px 5.5 178 carry, and that day my driver swing was 97mph.

I LOVE the PXi shaft. Was my favorite PX shaft until I got my hands on the LZ. I saw a medium launch out of them in both the 5.5 and 6.0 and an amazing feel. It's much more on the softer feeling as compared to the regular PX. A guy I play with regularly has a swing speed around 90 and gets away with the 6.0 just fine in his JPX 825 forged irons. He has a very deliberate tempo and swing as well.

I'm about the same driver speed and hit a 7 iron about 150 and the 6.0 were too much for me. XP95 or 105 if you are looking for help increasing your launch angle.

I'm about the same driver speed and hit a 7 iron about 150 and the 6.0 were too much for me. XP95 or 105 if you are looking for help increasing your launch angle.
The man has spoken! Thanks DB!

Awesome. Thanks much!

Back