Shaft stiffness recommendation

Hard to say because flex is dependent on the make of shaft in some capacity and then you have the part that more than swing speed determines what would be the best fit.

What are you playing now and how is the ball flight?

I just started playing about a month ago so my ball path is all over the place. As for the what I have now, I'm using a Taylormade R1 with a 55 gram regular flex shaft.

108-113 is a big spread. Probably about 110 with a controlled swing. Minimum of stiff, possibly x-flex. Need to get on a monitor and hit some with both shafts.

Really depends on how you load the shaft. Your tempo more than speed will determine what is best for your swing!

Shaft flex has little to do with swing speed. Furthermore, you'll probably notice little difference between a regular and stuff shaft other than in the feel.

Where you a hockey or baseball player? That's a hearty swing speed for somebody so new to the game.

Go get fit and see what the Objective tells you.

That doesn't sound right. You just started playing a month ago and your driver swing speed is 110. You must be swinging out of your shoes. That is close to tour pro speeds.

Everything the others have said is true. That said, I think it is fair to say that in traditional terms a 110 swing speed would put you in the stiff to extra stiff range.

There's a lot more to it than just flex. There's direction, there's spin, there's weight, how you swing the club, and checking that requires some kind of monitor and a reasonably knowledgeable fitter.
If you have a bit of a two way miss you will need an expert fitter.

As others have said go get fit for a shaft. There are a lot of variables at play and swing speed is a poor measure for a shaft.

Also 110 is extremely fast but totally reasonable for a young athletic guy just starting. I taught my friend to golf a few years back and he was a baseball player. I taught him how to grip the club and where to position the ball. After two weeks at the range using my clubs he went to get fit and he was at 107mph. He swung a golf club like a bat and his hip speed was natural.

You need to ditch that light 55 gram shaft and get something at least 70 grams, maybe 80. It will have lower torque and better balance, definitely helping with control. Probably x stiff, but stiff might work depending on the shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back