Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still pondering some bargain irons... I wish I could just pull the trigger :) Bio Cell, D100, x2 Hot, and Cleveland MT are the biggest competitors... Bio Cell still has the edge. Maybe I should find somewhere that has the Baffler XLs. hmmm....

If it helps I've had my D100's for about a month and love them. Extremely long and easy to hit. Plus they are dirt cheap on rockbottomgolf.com

Fully pondering a Jetspeed 3 wood as my 2nd "driver." Demo'd one today and my numbers were pretty good. That sucker went almost as far as my ZL Encore. Tested the Bio Cell and X2hot too but they didn't come close distance wise.

dadc3408e6e630c47fcad0fa28446a4d.jpg

Is the general consensus that it's foolish to buy anything this week with Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals next weekend?

What club do you drop from the bag with the addition of a utility iron? I like the idea but not at the expense of the 3h or 3w (the 2 least utilized clubs in my bag)

I dropped my 3 wood in favor of one and have almost completely eliminated the big, blow up holes from my round. I should preface that witm the fact that I am a chronic struggler with 3 wood ball striking.

Is the general consensus that it's foolish to buy anything this week with Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals next weekend?

I havent ever really seen golf OEMS' or retailers offer up Black Friday deals. All of the golf stores by me arent even extending their hours on Black Friday.

I am wondering the same thing.... mainly with the Callaway Preowned promo being so good right now.

Still pondering a 3 deep off cpo but then what to get for the free club....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a great deal I couldn't resist. Got myself a 5 deep and my uncle a Optiforce 3 wood. Is there anything you are looking at changing?

A x2 Hot Pro 18° hybrid for my Christmas gift.

PX hand crafted.

Also pulling the trigger on a Lajosi custom for Charlotte.

Despite not hitting anything for over a week now, I am still considering the X2 Hot Pro driver......but also considering a visit to a Callaway certified fitting centre for a full bag fitting to give me more ponders to consider over the winter. Not sure if it will be a good idea (for my wallet) to make sure they have the 815 drivers in before I arrange it though

Bio Cell with Kusala White.

Damn it, ArmyGolf. Why did you have to tell me to hit yours? :alien: 1 swing, absolutely smoked, and the ponder pot starts a bubblin.

Last edited:
I havent ever really seen golf OEMS' or retailers offer up Black Friday deals. All of the golf stores by me arent even extending their hours on Black Friday.

If anything it will be on the older equipment, clothing and balls. Some places may start doing double trade ins. I know Golf Galaxy will usually have one in December.

CPO has a BOGO deal today. Thinking about trading in my XH 3H and 3W for a X2H replacement for both. It would cost me $60 bucks after trade-ins. Worth the upgrade?

UIwqBr3.png

Hybrid yes, fairway wood no. In my opinion.

Hybos for sure MT
Im a big fan of the Driver and the 3W from the original Xhot line though

Iron shafts. Mind is always on them right now, I need to see what is the best fit for me. A combo of demo at GS and fitting will be necessary.

Iron shafts. Mind is always on them right now, I need to see what is the best fit for me. A combo of demo at GS and fitting will be necessary.

Interested to see what you end up with dude. Just went through it myself and there were a lot of solid options out there.

What are you wanting out of them Tyler?

What are you wanting out of them Tyler?

Right now, I want some distance back. I lost a club+ from last year, and I know the Apex aren't short by any means. Might be more Indian than arrow, but I'd like to know. Tour V has been nice, but I think I can improve on what I currently have without sacrificing the consistency they've given me.

Right now, I want some distance back. I lost a club+ from last year, and I know the Apex aren't short by any means. Might be more Indian than arrow, but I'd like to know. Tour V has been nice, but I think I can improve on what I currently have without sacrificing the consistency they've given me.

Think you need some more spin?

Think you need some more spin?

That could very well be the case. I've never hit them on a LM or anything, but I like your line of thinking. What ya got in mind?

CPO has a BOGO deal today. Thinking about trading in my XH 3H and 3W for a X2H replacement for both. It would cost me $60 bucks after trade-ins. Worth the upgrade?
40 bucks? Hell I'll give ya that and you can save postage.
#backupbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back