My Game Has Gone South...

VegasMav

Cigar Posse Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Cigars
Don't know what I'm doing wrong now. Last few rounds I can't get anything right. I can't hit off the tee, my approach shots are going everywhere but on the green. Only thing going well now is my putting...maybe because I got a new putter.

I play a round every weekend. Just getting frustrated and slowly loosing my confidence.

Have you experienced this with your game at one time or another?

Just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading.

Happens to us all. Just went through the same thing about 2 months ago. No matter what I did couldn't get anything going. Took about 2 weeks off, didn't work, tried to practice more, didn't work. The other week something just clicked after one shot and I was back to normal. Not great, but normal for me. I know it's frustrating. Stay away from Revere and Rio Secco is you're in Henderson and struggling brother, they are not confidence builders

Happens to me every time i go out to the course. I have found for me I just need to relax and have fun and my game gets better.

Just working my way out of a funk that lasted for what felt like forever. No one will ever fully understand golf. Just keep working at it and hope for the best

This happened to me halfway through the summer...shot my best round of the summer in July...then my golf game went downhill in a hurry...my friends said it was to keep the handicap in check...but I couldn't hit a tee shot at all or long irons...I literally played 9 holes with an 8 iron and less...it was brutal...but now everything has clicked and my game is coming back around...just in time for 5 months of winter

Happens to us all. Just went through the same thing about 2 months ago. No matter what I did couldn't get anything going. Took about 2 weeks off, didn't work, tried to practice more, didn't work. The other week something just clicked after one shot and I was back to normal. Not great, but normal for me. I know it's frustrating. Stay away from Revere and Rio Secco is you're in Henderson and struggling brother, they are not confidence builders

Tell me about it. Played Rio Secco twice in the last month (I live 3 minutes away) because the rate of $50 a round is sooooo tempting. Just my luck, I'm playing TPC Summerlin on Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm going to try and play out of my funk on one of the toughest course in Las Vegas...LOL.

Tell me about it. Played Rio Secco twice in the last month (I live 3 minutes away) because the rate of $50 a round is sooooo tempting. Just my luck, I'm playing TPC Summerlin on Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm going to try and play out of my funk on one of the toughest course in Las Vegas...LOL.

that's a great deal they've got to play tpc, you almost have to do it just on principal haha

Don't know what I'm doing wrong now. Last few rounds I can't get anything right. I can't hit off the tee, my approach shots are going everywhere but on the green. Only thing going well now is my putting...maybe because I got a new putter.

I play a round every weekend. Just getting frustrated and slowly loosing my confidence.

Have you experienced this with your game at one time or another?

Just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading.

It happens to us all! Try to get back to basics with grip, posture, tempo, alignment and balance. For me I often find that my posture or balance has gotten sloppy or out of whack. To find the center of the club face again, I will do a drill hitting 7 irons off a tee with my feet together until I can make solid contact and slowly widen my stance while switching to the next longest club.

Happens to all of us man. A couple summers ago leading up to The Morgan Cup I was playing great and then for the last 3 weeks before the event I just lost it. Shanks all over the place. Then I got down there and suddenly I was playing great. Sometimes we just go through slumps like any sport, you'll get through it!

Back