Thoughts on orange whip?

and when you follow through properly on your swing and the big piece of heavy rope wraps around and smacks you in the back you'll be limping down to the golf store to get an OW!!!
He did say if you didn't swing properly ,that would happen...

I would think, owning an OW myself, that if one were to not like it, someone here would snatch it up in no time. They are pricey, but they do exactly what they are supposed to do, and are really nice for warming up before a round.
"I don't always swing my OW, but when I do, I hit the driver long and straight."

Just ordered an OW. Been thinking about it for probably two years, glad I finally pulled the trigger. Will be sure to post my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used one for a couple of months and they're definitely great. I'm not one that is big on training aids, but think that this is one that could help most anyone. If one gets no other value at all, it is great for warming up with the proper form and swing plane.

Just got one a week ago. It's really helping me with releasing the club.

Got about a week or so ago. Absolutely love it! Really teaches you proper balance and release. Great for when I can't hit the range in the winter.

Tap tap taparoo

Been using mine daily. I add it to the end of my workout routine and I think it is helping. I went to the range today and my tempo seemed smoother and I was making better contact with the ball. I had more good hits than bad, which is a definite change for me:golf:

The orange whip is a decent aid. It will not dramatically change your game but is good for warming up and conditioning. I Received one as a gift and used it for 30 days or so. It sits in my garage now.

The orange whip is a decent aid. It will not dramatically change your game but is good for warming up and conditioning. I Received one as a gift and used it for 30 days or so. It sits in my garage now.

I think this depends on what you are looking for. It does help you learn to somewhat create the feeling of lag as well as the feeling of releasing the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new instructor had me work with the orange whip for the first time - I had never in the past. One of my big issues is release (or lack thereof) - in terms of getting a feel for what the release should feel like, I'm not sure anything has helped me with that more than a few minutes with this. Would I buy one? I'm not sure, since there's one available at the golf school, but I'll definitely be spending more some time with one.

I would concur with it giving the feel of better lag and releasing the club. My instructor had been working on getting me to release correctly. He said I'd see some significant distance increases when I did it right. I just happened to buy an OW around the same time and its best tool I've used to feel where and how to release. My instructor was right, I'm hitting all my irons at least one club longer when I release correctly.

Got to get out today ... marvelous 65 degrees and sunny. A great warm day perfect for golf (in Texas!). Hadn't golfed in 6 weeks or more but I've been on the Orange Whip to work on a couple of my big issues. I sway on the backswing and don't do a shoulder turn. Been working on that ... and I shot a great score (for me) today! One of my best rounds and I haven't played in forever. THAT'S WHY I THINK THE OW IS SO GOOD. It lets me work on my swing without going to the range!

Thank you to everyone posting. I have been wondering about these for a long time. While it sounds like it's not for everyone, on balance, most seem to get some benefit. My swing needs all the help it can get and this can't possibly hurt. I will see if I can track one down (will probably go with the SKLZ). Thanks again

I messed up my swing (driver) over the last 4-8 weeks.

Over the same period, I had misplaced my OW.

I was slicing the ball. It didn't seem to me like I was doing anything differently than I had been.

Anyways, I found my OW today. Thirty seconds with it, and I knew exactly what I was doing differently, and got it corrected.

Went to the range, and my driver was back.

I have the short and long (actually I have the SKILZ version)

That is money way better spent than buying the latest/greatest club.

I messed up my swing (driver) over the last 4-8 weeks.

Over the same period, I had misplaced my OW.

I was slicing the ball. It didn't seem to me like I was doing anything differently than I had been.

Anyways, I found my OW today. Thirty seconds with it, and I knew exactly what I was doing differently, and got it corrected.

Went to the range, and my driver was back.

I have the short and long (actually I have the SKILZ version)

That is money way better spent than buying the latest/greatest club.

Nice, I like to pick up the OW before grabbing a club when I have not been able to swing for a few days also--it gets the "feel" part of the swing back in sync for me. I have noted this before but it is worth saying again--I have both the Skilz and OW versions and much prefer the quality and feel of the OW version--to me its worth the extra money to get the Orange whip and you will often see sales pop up on Amazon for it. I am a sucker for every new gadget that comes out, but this is the only one I have stuck with and the rest usually end up back on ebay.

I truly love this as a warm up, I swung out for a quick 9 with my daughter last night, no range time, but this thing worked great for a few swings to get loose!

Picked up a used one of these today. Only had a few minutes at lunch to mess with it and liked it a lot. Could really feel the release action and the weight should help to build up the swing muscles.

Which orange whip are people getting? The 47.5" or 43.5" is what I am looking at. Their website says most popular is the 47.5". Is this is size most people are getting? I'm 5'10 if height makes a difference but seems no unless you are very short. Going to get one for my birthday an need to let the wifey know.

I truly love this as a warm up, I swung out for a quick 9 with my daughter last night, no range time, but this thing worked great for a few swings to get loose!

It really is a great tool to loosen the old body up. I received one for my birthday and have enjoyed it on those chilly mornings. Helps knock the rust out of the muscles.

Which orange whip are people getting? The 47.5" or 43.5" is what I am looking at. Their website says most popular is the 47.5". Is this is size most people are getting? I'm 5'10 if height makes a difference but seems no unless you are very short. Going to get one for my birthday an need to let the wifey know.

I have the mid-size one (has the gold weight on the but end of the grip) and love it - I tried both the full sized one and mid at PGASS and just liked the way the mid-size felt better (I stand at 5'9 FYI)....

And I can swing it in my living room when its cold which is a plus....

I got the longer one. Two reasons, 1. I'm 6'4" so it seemed to make more sense 2. Driver is my weakest club so I figured I would see if it works for that and if I think it's helping I'll hunt down a shorter OW.

I have the longer OW (driver) - that is the club that gives me the most trouble. Other than my irons, wedges, and putter.
I can choke down on it for iron practice.
Really, tho, I use it to loosen up, stretch, build muscle, and get my timing down.

I traded away my full size one and got a midsize. Since my longest club in the bag is 39.5" it made sense. I really like the feel of this one better. Good for iron swings.

I traded away my full size one and got a midsize. Since my longest club in the bag is 39.5" it made sense. I really like the feel of this one better. Good for iron swings.

I got the mid size too. A little more versatile in that I can swing it in the house. I don't think someone can go wrong with either!

After using this everyday for two weeks straight I finally got a chance to hit the course both days this weekend. My tempo and swing on my driver has never felt so smooth and solid. Felt like I was barely swinging the driver and seeing longer distance than usual. Never once felt like I was trying to kill the ball, but just swinging the driver and letting it do it's thing.

Back