Do You Like To Travel To Play?

THP events are a great value at great locations, especially when there's an equipment tie-in! I love to travel for golf. I want to play at as many different courses as I can with as many different people as possible.

I'd say I'm 50/50 on that, I love to travel for THP, that's a given, but for non THP it almost has to be driving, flying with clubs is such a hassle, especially with the family in tow.

I really like to travel to play but with my life about to drastically change for the better traveling for golf is going to be very limited. I am just going to hope to be able to play a round or 2 locally

Love to travel to play. Relaxed vacation golf with new friends is great, and good for my game. I try to find some challenging courses to play when I can.

like to travel but time off from work can be a hassle. I like to play a practice round at a new before a competition round so I like a few days to travel and enjoy new courses. also a one drive time (8-12) hours is nice

Some of my favorite memories are golf trips with my dad. In college, my spring break was not at the same time as my sister's (who was still in high school) or my mom's (who taught high school). The tradeoff was that mom, sister, and dad wen ton great vacations without me, but dad would take me on a trip to hang out. I decided that I wanted to get away from skiing and do something different, so we went golfing.

I will always love traveling to golf because of those trips. Dad and I traveled throughout the southwest US playing golf. Our normal plan was to play one of the first tee times in the morning and then go to local attractions and national parks. I've been to at least four national parks because of those trips and played on some of the greatest courses in the country. Traveling to play is great and something I will always enjoy.

I love to do it but it is usually pretty expensive so it doesn't happen often

I really like playing new courses no matter where they are so I would say I love to travel to play. My wife's family lives an eight hour drive away from us so we travel there often and I love the courses there. I luck out that my father in law is an avid golfer as well so when we decide to meet them somewhere for vacation it always involves golf. I would love to make more THP events but time and money are limited.

I don't often travel to play, but I do play when I travel! When I can at least. Love to play new courses. I'm trying to put a once a year golf vacation together but will take some warming over with the wife before it's a go.

I have taken my clubs only once on a flight,but used a rental set in California and Hawaii. Quite interesting to say the least. Next year I am planning on traveling with my game along side me.

I love travelling but have only played golf on one of our family trips. This weekend though we had a boys trip away and played 3 courses ive never played before, it was cool to learn them and see how different they are to play than my home course. I wish I could travel more for golf though.

The wife and I both love to travel and play. We just booked a trip to San Diego over the Christmas holidays.
We may get to play Torrey Pines again, but not sure I want to pay those greens fees.

Heck yeah, you know it!

Some like it, some dont. It has always been one of my favorite things about golf. While living in a place that gives me 12 months a year and golf courses on every corner is incredibly nice, seeing the world and the courses they offer and meeting the different people (both THPers and not) is something very unique and special.

Costs are always a concern, as are the time it takes to get away, but with proper planning, there are options. I do think THP Events offer the best bang for the buck when all is taken into account, but that is not really what this thread is about.

Do you like to travel to play?

I do if I can drive. I don't like hauling my clubs through airports. I've done it a couple of times, and it was mostly more hassle than it was worth. I have so many and varied options for good courses right here in Colorado that I have trouble convincing myself that there is any real reason to go somewhere else. I visit my brother in Idaho almost every summer, and we play up there, then he comes down here to play my courses. That's about all the golf travel I do any more.

If I am traveling somewhere and decide that I want to get in a round or two, I just rent clubs. Not as satisfying, but better than schlepping clubs along with my other luggage.

I love traveling to play especially if I can binge golf over a 3 day period, 5 or 6 rounds. The easiest way for me to do this is generally during the week, I'll head out on a Monday night and come home Thursday night so that I can be around for all the family activities on the weekend. Can't remember the last time I took a trip over the weekend to golf. I just did this in Scottsdale 2 weeks ago and have a 3 day trip planned in Palm Springs the 2nd week of January.

Love to play while I travel. I'm thankful that I have an amazing fiance who allows me to tee it up on many of our trips. She was even asking me where I would like to golf on our honeymoon!

THP events are great ways to golf and travel and play courses I wouldn't typically play.

I really like seeing different courses as well, yes it's fun to play them but also enjoying the difference between and parkland course and links course is awesome.

I love to travel. Especially when it's a road trip with Mike and we're heading to a THP event. Got lucky to be able to this year with the Hilton head invitational and the Indy. Had a ton of fun traveling to those

Can't wait til I travel again to play. It's always fun to play new courses.

Can't wait til I travel again to play. It's always fun to play new courses.

Come on back up, I've got a few others I'd like to play with you bro.

Favorites

We play all year here but in Winter, it's always nice to go to Florida for a few rounds. Oregon golf is good almost anytime. I like courses that aren't necessarily the big name places. Courses such as Quarry Oaks, Gray Plantation, TPC Las Vegas (canyons), The Harvester, Black Mesa, Bully Pulpit, Richter Park, Okemo Valley, The Ledges (Maine), SunRidge Canyon, Twin Lakes (Texas), True Blue, Kinderlou Forest, Old Union, The Walker Course Clemson, Taconic, Circling Raven, Palouse Ridge, Old Works... Whoa, I was only going to mention a few but they keep popping into thought.

I love it. It doesn't matter if it's a trip based around golf, or one where I can sneak in a round or two.

I love it. It doesn't matter if it's a trip based around golf, or one where I can sneak in a round or two.

Hoping you can make a THP Event this year brother.

Hoping you can make a THP Event this year brother.

Me too! I'm hoping I can get some things lined up for this year.

Heck yeah I do. As the shuttle picked me up today the driver said..."Golf clubs aren't going?" "Man I wish, however golf in NY this week isn't in the forecast."

Back