Contest & Live Update Thread - July UST Shaft Spectacular

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for all of the live updates and surprises that two lucky THPers are in for at UST Mamiya HQ coming up on Friday and Saturday. Dont forget each month, two THPers have been headed there for fitting, education, gear and more.

Here is a look at the itinerary.

Friday 7/29
8:30am Breakfast at HQ
9:00am Discussion on UST Products and Q&A
10am Tour of facility
11am Lunch
12-2:30 Fittings & Surprises (New Equipment)
6:30–8:30: Dinner

Saturday 7/30
Golf Golf Golf

THPers Emart and Uzumati won the two spots and each month there will two spots available at the amazing cost of ZERO dollars. All you have to do is signup for a chance at something pretty special.

DSC_7592%20%282%29-S.jpg

Contest
Two lucky THPers will walk away with one of these custom UST Mamiya THP Driver Shafts. ·

(1) HE4F3 (49g, R) ·
(1) HE5F4 (59g, S)

How To Enter
Follow @THPGolf @USTMamiya on Twitter
Follow @USTMamiya and @THPGolf on Instagram
Tweet using @USTMamiya and @THPGolf and the hashtag #THPShaftSpectacular and a link to this thread
Post your questions for the two THPers (at least one each) in this thread post lunch break so you can follow the action prior.
In one of your posts in this thread, list your driver head and shaft including weight and flex.

This contest is open everybody but shipping is free for 2016 Albatross Club members only. If you are not a member & would like to become one and help support the charitable effort with the Humane Society Shelters around the country, click here.

Have fun today guys!

Gooooood morning Ft. Worth

Done in my best Robin Williams imitating Adrian Cronehour voice

What are you guys most interested in learning?

Have an awesome time! Danny and Lindsay are the absolute best.

Enjoy the weekend fellas

Have a great time and soak up the immense knowledge guys!

Have a blast guys!

have a great time this morning guys!!

Its game day. Been an interesting trip so far but that isn't going to stop me from having a blast today. Supposedly everything is bigger in Texas. Excitement level is off the chain and let's see if we can't go big today with knowledge bombs and coverage.

I think I'm most interested in learning how a lighter shaft can have the same or better stability as a heavier shaft especially since I've games heavier shafts to help my tempo

I think I'm most interested in learning how a lighter shaft can have the same or better stability as a heavier shaft especially since I've games heavier shafts to help my tempo

I want to know how this is possible as well. Since going to the helium shaft I won, I've been bombing it, when I've been using heavier shafts in the past.

Everything, there are so many question rolling around in my head about how construction techniques and materials can so drastically change how a shaft feels.

Hotel breakfast bar is legit
bc632db9246b72c20359b06d5feab133.jpg

Have a blast gents!

Do either of you have reservations about going to graphite?
Other than a weight difference.

EMART: I know how much you've the shafts in the top of the bag. What numbers are you looking to improve on? Spin, loft, ball speed?

Uzumati:

What is it in the manufacturing and materials process that you find most interesting. Based on the video segments here on THP, is there anything that you want Danny and the team to identify for further clarification?

Not a one T2 best thing I ever did for tendinitis.

Probably general terms like bend point tip stiffness so I know what to look for in a shaft to fit my swing

Have a blast today gents!!!

Its game day. Been an interesting trip so far but that isn't going to stop me from having a blast today. Supposedly everything is bigger in Texas. Excitement level is off the chain and let's see if we can't go big today with knowledge bombs and coverage.

I'm really interested to see what you're put into - especially as someone else who plays the AMTs. I put them in my bag and they've done wonders, but I keep looking to graphite for the vibration damping/wear and tear aspect.

looking forward to following along with this today, should be some great stuff.

Good morning guys,enjoy the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let the fun begin
5d4fa97e0a8f8aedfafdb1112e967314.jpg

Do either of you have reservations about going to graphite?
Other than a weight difference.

EMART: I know how much you've the shafts in the top of the bag. What numbers are you looking to improve on? Spin, loft, ball speed?

Ball speed mostly. Spin is another one that I'm interested to see what happens with the shafts. I'm usually in the 2200-2700 range where I see my better results.

Uzumati:

What is it in the manufacturing and materials process that you find most interesting. Based on the video segments here on THP, is there anything that you want Danny and the team to identify for further clarification?

I'm really interested to see what you're put into - especially as someone else who plays the AMTs. I put them in my bag and they've done wonders, but I keep looking to graphite for the vibration damping/wear and tear aspect.

Me too. The wear/tear is something I'm considering for a swap too

Found it!

Have fun guys, get your learn on!

Emart: After your fitting what perception or knowledge has been changed for you after attending the event/going through the fitting with Danny?

Uzumati: If you've been fit before, how was this fitting different from previous fittings for you? If not, what is the coolest thing you've learned today?

Back