The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I can't help but wonder if his putting stroke will ever find him again...the one that sinks nearly every pressure putt regardless of difficulty.

I can't help but wonder if his putting stroke will ever find him again...the one that sinks nearly every pressure putt regardless of difficulty.
I wonder if Tiger has trouble reading greens, seems like he has struggled on the greens after Stevie left.

Ding ding ding...biggest thing right here. His full swing wont change his short game which I think has been his biggest downfall over the last few years. He has hit the ball pretty well plenty of times the last few years but just hasn't been able to get up and down.

I often wonder about the putting stroke as well.

Little sidenote: I had a similar injury to Tiger in my back as well. I had to have nerves fused and some actually "deadened"... quite honestly... putting was absolutely the most uncomfortable part of playing golf when I was trying to ignore the injury and battle through it prior to getting surgery and it taken care of. You didnt have the sudden, drop you to your knees pain, that you have when you take a full swing. But, in my experience, it was almost impossible to stand over the ball for an extended period and make a good putting stroke. I literally would hold my breath to putt from the pain.

Not saying that my injury is exactly like his, but if he got his back fixed and healed up... I would guarantee his putting stroke improves 100%.

Digging up old VHS tapes from his amateur days and going back to that swing is exciting news to me. But I'm just not sure his body will hold up.
I can just see him sitting in his mom's house watching them on her VCR!

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I agree that it won't fix his putting stroke. But I do think it is all interrelated. The improved full swing will give him shorter putts, put less pressure on his short game in general and leave him more time to practice putting.

As a mid handicapper I felt like I could relate to him a little bit last year. It is so hard to grind over every single wayword shot. It takes a mental toll. The game is so much easier when your full focus is really only required on the putting green.

This sounds bizarre , but his career now reminds me of Michael Jordan . They had it , but just couldn't let it go and couldn't handle that their bodies couldn't stay young and limber . A sign of true a real competitor and athlete ..imho . That would be the hardest thing in the world ; the top of your sport for so long . And now not there anymore
I hope tiger can at least win one more big event ..now that would be a great comeback

''I've gotten stronger. I've gotten more explosive. I've gotten faster,'' Tiger Woods[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] said of his latest comeback effort. "The body is good."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I feel like that is like an odd thing for a golfer to say. Most of the guys are getting leaner & more flexible, you would think Tiger was getting ready to play an NFL Game[/FONT]

Any thoughts on where his swing goes when he sees some gnarly us open rough? It looks smooth on the range.

I can't help but think his putting is related to the rest of his game. It seemed his putting at its best was almost more will and confidence than it was technique or green reading.

The better his ball striking, the better his putting.

He gained more strokes on approach shots than anything, though I know the highlight reels always play the big putts.

I think a reliable tee shot and some distance control with his scoring clubs will be the difference maker.

He gained more strokes on approach shots than anything, though I know the highlight reels always play the big putts.

I think a reliable tee shot and some distance control with his scoring clubs will be the difference maker.

This here. This is exactly it.

Digging up old VHS tapes from his amateur days and going back to that swing is exciting news to me. But I'm just not sure his body will hold up.

I think this swing will be a lot easier on his body, the way he's rotating his body now is ten times better than he was with Foldy. It looks like the tension is gone and the muscles look so much more natural and relaxed. I hope it works.

This sounds bizarre , but his career now reminds me of Michael Jordan . They had it , but just couldn't let it go and couldn't handle that their bodies couldn't stay young and limber . A sign of true a real competitor and athlete ..imho . That would be the hardest thing in the world ; the top of your sport for so long . And now not there anymore
I hope tiger can at least win one more big event ..now that would be a great comeback
I agree.
His body can't do what it once could. They are very subtle changes in hand eye coordination that occur. I don't think it's just the elite guys it happens to. It's just far more noticeable in their game bc we are (and so are they) used to such a higher standard from them.

I think it will take a miracle for him to get back to where he was. However, he could still get back to being one of the main guys on the tour.

He's hitting it pretty good so far today, his distance control seems to be coming back fast as well. He hit a short pitch on hole 14 that landed a foot short and checked up fast, leaving him 2-3ft.

He's hitting it pretty good so far today, his distance control seems to be coming back fast as well. He hit a short pitch on hole 14 that landed a foot short and checked up fast, leaving him 2-3ft.

Got any SFW pics to share?

Usually his pics of Tiger are not forum appropriate and involve hand drawings with MWard drool on them. :D

Usually his pics of Tiger are not forum appropriate and involve hand drawings with MWard drool on them. :D

I know he's got some glutes pics in that phone.

Only saw him on that hole, I'll grab a photo or video tomorrow on the range. I'll keep the drool out of the photo, maybe.

''I've gotten stronger. I've gotten more explosive. I've gotten faster,'' Tiger Woods said of his latest comeback effort. "The body is good."

I feel like that is like an odd thing for a golfer to say. Most of the guys are getting leaner & more flexible, you would think Tiger was getting ready to play an NFL Game

I wouldn't necessarily equate stronger being the opposite of leaner and more flexible. Some of the pics this week he looks a bit leaner than before, not quite a yoked up as recent incarnations. That being said - I totally agree Tiger started looking like a Wide Receiver.

Reading up on this is getting me excited for tomorrow. He can hit it will on the range and practice round all day but will his nerves hold up? That's been the question on many Sundays for the last few years.

I saw on GC that he is playing a Vapor Speed Prototype...kind of against what we saw/heard from Nike that the flex was made for him. From the video on GC the driver didn't look like the flex. Wonder why its a prototype since Nike also said they wanted the pros playing what the amateurs play.

I saw on GC that he is playing a Vapor Speed Prototype...kind of against what we saw/heard from Nike that the flex was made for him. From the video on GC the driver didn't look like the flex. Wonder why its a prototype since Nike also said they wanted the pros playing what the amateurs play.

My guess is that it's glued instead of adjustable. He's always played a glued driver.

He takes a lot of heat. I know I'm on the side that thinks he needs a better relationship with fans and media, but either which way you see it, always cool to see kids meeting who they idealize.

Poor guy can't make a Putt, had a good look at birdie there

Back