The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankee Swap is coming up for work, not sure what to get, it's $15-20 range...

My idea though is a $20 picture frame with a pic me from the Bear Trap BWAHAHAHAHA!

(pretty sure that IS the best gift EVER) :alien:

My sister bought this for her husband for Christmas, and had it delivered here to maintain the surprise.

The picture doesn't do it justice, it is HUGE. And I want it.

"Stupid UPS…I haven't seen it yet."

9918cac93bb6820562d67e9d59f0a729.jpg

Yankee Swap is coming up for work, not sure what to get, it's $15-20 range...

My idea though is a $20 picture frame with a pic me from the Bear Trap BWAHAHAHAHA!

(pretty sure that IS the best gift EVER) :alien:

haha, I always like getting lottery tickets for those things. Something I never buy for myself. Otherwise some alcoholic beverage usually goes over pretty well.

My sister bought this for her husband for Christmas, and had it delivered here to maintain the surprise.

The picture doesn't do it justice, it is HUGE. And I want it.

"Stupid UPS…I haven't seen it yet."

Yeah, that looks awesome. I could put that to good use.

Nostalgia Electrics makes great looking stuff.
However they are known as having some issues in long term use.
I have burned through 3-4 items of theirs.

How's he doing Austin?
Well, the fact he is around at all is a minor miracle. He was in a hospital for 6 weeks and lost all muscle during that time. But he is at home with my parents and doing pt and OT trying to gain some back. He is doing so much better than he was just a week ago so hopefully in a couple months he can gain some independence back.

Nostalgia Electrics makes great looking stuff.
However they are known as having some issues in long term use.
I have burned through 3-4 items of theirs.
I'm not surprised. I bought my other sister a few things from them (hot dog maker and a hot chocolate maker maybe?) either last year or the year before. And even with minimal use, I'm not so sure what kind of shape they are in currently.

Any container that holds ice and beer instantly becomes awesome!

Any container that holds ice and beer instantly becomes awesome!

Speaking of that, anyone know about Yeti coolers? I saw one the other day and it was $300 and it didn't look like it was much bigger than a 12 pack. Does it come with a rolex or something?

Yeti's are nice if you go out into the backwoods or middle of the ocean and buying more ice isn't an option and you need it to keep for a week or so. They are made in the USA though.

I have a small Engle cooler I use as a lunch box that is the same sizeish as the small yeti and cost like $70 and it's worth every penny as a lunch box and cooler

Speaking of that, anyone know about Yeti coolers? I saw one the other day and it was $300 and it didn't look like it was much bigger than a 12 pack. Does it come with a rolex or something?
Best cooler and last you will ever buy. Guys at work that fish swear by them. I have a yeti 24oz handheld that keeps my coffee hot for hours and I've takes 12 hours to melt

They are pretty awesome coolers, but their marketing department has to be killer. I never thought I'd see a cooler company become the cool fashion statement. Every college kid has to have one for their parties.

They definitely look well built, I was just curious why they cost so much. Dang Wake, what happened to an old fashioned Keg? lol..

I had one when I fished a lot & they are nice for holding a bunch ice for a long time. Now though, I couldn't tell you the last time I used it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They definitely look well built, I was just curious why they cost so much. Dang Wake, what happened to an old fashioned Keg? lol..

They are built well and their hinge and latch system seems to be one of the best out there and replacement is easy.

Part of the cost is they are built in the USA which generally means higher costs by quite a bit. But if you look at any of the comparable coolers they are all expensive as crap.

Yeti was one if the firsts production coolers to hold ice as long as they do and to live up to their claims. Yeti 's are also designed to be used as benches and stand-ons for flat bottom boats to be poled from the front.

This pullout hospital couch/cot suuuuuucks!

This pullout hospital couch/cot suuuuuucks!
I spent about 7 nights on those things over the past month, they are awful.

I spent about 7 nights on those things over the past month, they are awful.

Yeah, but I will say, I did enjoy it for the two hours of sleep I got at the time. But getting up off of it? Oof.

Yeah, but I will say, I did enjoy it for the two hours of sleep I got at the time. But getting up off of it? Oof.
Yep, I actually found an odd position I could sleep in the one I was in, but boy was I hurting when I woke up.

2 hours of sleep at a time? Take that while you can get it!

2 hours of sleep at a time? Take that while you can get it!

Sent her to the nursery last night around 4am so Amanda could sleep a little. Nursing has been a struggle up until literally just the last hour.

Sent her to the nursery last night around 4am so Amanda could sleep a little. Nursing has been a struggle up until literally just the last hour.
Its a helpless feeling not being able to fix it. That's what I hated most.

Its a helpless feeling not being able to fix it. That's what I hated most.

The watching both of them struggle sucks big time. Then exhaustion kicks in

2 hours for my final in English...never had to write an essay on that short of a deadline. Then another 4 hours or so studying for final exam in server 2008 class. Need to take that sometime next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back