How Would You Do It?

theoverswinger

Reaction score
Handicap
16.2 UNHS
50 yards to the green. Uphill lie. Ball is sitting nicely. The problem is, the turf is real soft and mushy. If I hit too early, it's chunk city. If too late, I'll blade it because the uphill lie flattens lofted clubs even more.

How would you hit it? Thanks in advance.

Chipper. Or just a basic chip with a 7 iron.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I would likely put ball in the middle of my stance and he a half swing SW. With the ground as wet as you are describing, I would be apprehensive about a chip and run with a lower lofted club.

5* since the uphill lie will add loft, play it in the middle of stance and use a Jason day type pitch with no wrist set

I would put the ball slightly right of middle and hit a little gap wedge with a 9 o'clock back swing.

Normal 50 yard shot, nothing special. Uphill lie, just make sure the shoulders are parallel to the ground.

I don't like to try and finesse these uphill shots, too easy to chunk it or simply come up short, so a chip is not for me, I put the ball slightly back in the stance, shoulders lined up with the slope, 54* square face and hinge the wrists, looking to pitch the ball and land close to the pin.

7i with a stroke between a putting and chip shot about 1/3 swing. But without seeing it I can't really say. There have been 3 times in the past week that i have had a similar lie but the ball was just on a hill the green wasn't really elevated, I took my 5h and "chipped" with it once, my 7i, on one and my 54* on one. The best results for me were with the 7i.

I'll be honest.... I would probably chunk it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weight forward with a 60 and try and drive it in low and spiny.

Stock 50yd shot for me as I hit ball first anyway withs partial wedge and come in flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the bounce with a flatter swing

Choked up PW 3 o'clock-to 9 o'clock swing with wrist set to 90 degrees on backswing. Nice gentle swing.

54 or 58 and just play it fairly normally, adjusting to the lie with my shoulders.

55 degree wedge. 1/2 swing.

Ball slightly back with my 60* and drive in a low spinner. If that shot isn't available then I would play it normal and pick it clean

Depends on pin placement. Front pin I'd probably hit a 60* in the middle of my stance. Center green, I'm probably hitting a 56* from the middle. Back pin, I'm going 52* with the ball around an 8i position in my stance.

Back