Odyssey DIY Custom Putter Series

Cool idea

Great article. Loved it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Very cool!

Love the adding weight to the putter. As someone that games a 33" putter, stock 345g is too light

Kind of cool to see the types of modifications you'll see in tour bags, done step by step.

This is extremely cool to see! Really love the way it turned out. For any of you guys that were playing in the Cup, was this the putter he was gaming? I am assuming its the same Nate.

This is extremely cool to see! Really love the way it turned out. For any of you guys that were playing in the Cup, was this the putter he was gaming? I am assuming its the same Nate.

Yes this was the 01 was the putter he was gaming. He's really happy with it, "pry it out of my cold dead hands" was the general sentiment if not the exact wording. It's a stunning putter in person, and it rolls REALLY REALLY well.

Thanks! I do a lot of that already, I'm love to tinker.

Yes this was the 01 was the putter he was gaming. He's really happy with it, "pry it out of my cold dead hands" was the general sentiment if not the exact wording. It's a stunning putter in person, and it rolls REALLY REALLY well.

That insert feels so good at impact. That putter is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool, I don't know if I'd have the guts to do some of that to an amazing putter like that, I'd be afraid of screwing it up, but would be well worth the time if you had the skills!

Very neat to see the entire process like that!

Very cool. I'm looking forward to the next 2 installments.

Cool series. Looking forward to the next two. Have done 2 and 3 but would be scared to take a drill to one of my babies.

Some great putters to play around with are the old Spaulding TP Mills putters. You can find them on the cheap. Some are carbon and some are stainless; just look at the putters and see if they have a little bit of rust and they are carbon. With the stainless you can work on torching the putter to change the colors. I find them at thrift stores and local second hand sports shops.

After seeing his putter in person I couldn't wait for this article to come out. It turned out so good, it's cool that he chronicled it during the process.

I thought it was going to be more extensive

The pictures Nate showed us of the other two putters...... Wow. They're all pretty awesome looking.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I'm not a big tinkerer, but, I can see where this would be quite interesting to those that do enjoy it. Clever idea, really.

I thought this was going to be about a new Custom interchangeable parts line from Odyssey.

I saw this on instagram the other day. Very cool! Makes me want a MXM #1.

This is a cool series. Even if I practiced on older clubs I would be so nervous about doing it to my gamer.

Part 3 is up: http://blog.odysseygolf.com/2016/08...ter-series-milled-collection-rsx-v-line-fang/

V-Line fang is also up for bling auction. Really cool series Nate put together here!

Yeah it really is an awesome series, I see why he was so excited about it. I'm glad they're selling these off, hopefully they all get some serious play time, they're pretty awesome works of art.

The colors on this one in particular seem work for a certain group of people I know....any takers?

Back