What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with ArmyGolf and SkiBum today in the rain, cold, and wind. Although my game may not have been sharp - especially noticeable given how well those two were playing - I had a blast. Looking forward to teeing it up again, gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but we had all the excuses called up for you in advance so you're good! Haha looking forward to meeting up again for sure

Shot a 91 on Coyote/Rattler at Starr Pass in Tucson. Wonderful course. Putted really well, but you can only only miss so many fairways and greens before it starts to catch up. Still, playing a tough course that well is a real confidence boost heading into the next week.

One of my favorites out there in Tucson! Play it every time I'm out that way visiting the folks.

Played with ArmyGolf and SkiBum today in the rain, cold, and wind. Although my game may not have been sharp - especially noticeable given how well those two were playing - I had a blast. Looking forward to teeing it up again, gents!

Nonsense. You played good just had a cold putter.
If I could strike the ball like you I'd be a happy man.

Nonsense. You played good just had a cold putter.
If I could strike the ball like you I'd be a happy man.

Funny you should mention the cold putter. I picked up something from watching ArmyGolf putt yesterday (in case you don't know, ArmyGolf drains everything!) I changed my putting stroke to a more ArmyGolf putting stroke on the 4th hole. Proceeded to drain two birdie putts in a row, while also cancelling out an ugly water ball double bogey on the previous hole. Putted well the rest of the day. Ended up with a 79 (39/40).

Funny you should mention the cold putter. I picked up something from watching ArmyGolf putt yesterday (in case you don't know, ArmyGolf drains everything!) I changed my putting stroke to a more ArmyGolf putting stroke on the 4th hole. Proceeded to drain two birdie putts in a row, while also cancelling out an ugly water ball double bogey on the previous hole. Putted well the rest of the day. Ended up with a 79 (39/40).
Good bounce back round man! Yeah, Army is a great putting model to follow...first time I played with him he had 27 putts!

80 on one of the toughest courses I've ever played. Was E thru 7 before it got windy. Wind blew me around for 3 holes something fierce and all of a sudden I was 7 over. I'll take it though all things considered!

80 on one of the toughest courses I've ever played. Was E thru 7 before it got windy. Wind blew me around for 3 holes something fierce and all of a sudden I was 7 over. I'll take it though all things considered!
An 80 on that course never seeing it, that's gotta be solid as they come.

I shot an 81 today (39,42). My swing felt pretty good compared to the last time I played a week ago. Still rusty around the greens.

An 80 on that course never seeing it, that's gotta be solid as they come.

I'm happy, but I threw some pretty easy shots away around the green and got tossed around in the wind on 3 holes. Oh well.

I'm not sure what you picked up but I'm thrilled that it worked for you! Putting is just about the only thing I do properly and I depend on it too much.

I shot an 81 today (39,42). My swing felt pretty good compared to the last time I played a week ago. Still rusty around the greens.

KellyBo was striking the ball well enough to easily shoot mid 70's today. I hit the ball really well today myself. Somewhere in the 80's. I don't worry about keeping scores and handicaps these days . We had an awesome time on the golf course with some beautiful golf shots in the mix

51/47...UGH! My funkness continues. Noticed my shots were slowly fading right and was told I wasn't turning my hips completely causing the clubface not to be square. Off course on every drive and shot I'm thinking (which I shouldn't do on the course) about turning my hips. Not a good day...but hey, I'm playing again next weekend. I'll hit the range this week and work on my hip turning.

Shot 91 at pinehurst #2... On a simulator. Putting is hard on a simulator. Overall happy with how I hit it off the tee and my irons. Sim golf is better than no golf.

KellyBo was striking the ball well enough to easily shoot mid 70's today. I hit the ball really well today myself. Somewhere in the 80's. I don't worry about keeping scores and handicaps these days . We had an awesome time on the golf course with some beautiful golf shots in the mix

Way to go, glad you are able to swing. Rough day here but I did walk 18 without having to call for a cart and I did keep score, bad idea though. 91 (46, 45)

83 - loose irons and bad chips...

89 Yesterday. 0 Birdies, 5 Pars, and 3 Doubles on a very wet course.

TOO MANY PUTTS!

I shot a 12 over 82 yesterday. Easily my best round of the year.

Sent from my XT1060 using Forum Fiend v1.2.14.

Went out for the first time since the Orlando THP outing in August and shot 87 with a 3 over back 9 including 1 birdie (changed putters on the back 9). I really need to work on short game as I had 4x 3 putts and 1x 4 putt. Not too mention all of the chunked chips.

Shot an 83, a personal best for my home course. Kept the ball in front of me, and really improved my second shots. Really excited for the tournament this weekend, though a shamble format means I'll be expected to hit driver a lot, which I'm not terribly pumped about. I've been piping my 4-wood of late, and I think a lot of success today laid in reducing my mishits off the tee.

Played 18 with Spivey today at Talking Stick North. I could have certainly putted better but eeked out a 79.

Shot 68 on Friday (5 birds and 2 eagles) and followed up with a 70 on Sunday (3 birds and 1 eagle)

40/38 - 78 today. I am happy with this but I know I can do better as I am still figuring out the G30. Not quite catching it on the screws but when I do, it's a beast. Iron play has been saving me big time and getting me on the greens, I am in love with my irons. Started out the round with 2 double bogeys, too. Hoping to shoot a par round this year, or better, it's time.

What did you shoot today?

Played w Fupresti and played well - 81. Putter started good, but I just was too damn far from the hole on the greens to give myself any good opportunities to score on the back 9.
However, after the prior two rounds, 81 is great!
Great time and better company! I even found a few balls.

Damn, you guys are good golfers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back