What type of courses suit your game?

6000 yards. Fast and firm. Links style. All day, every day.

6500-7200. Any longer and it better be firm and fast or I'm gonna need some help on some of the par 4's.

6500-7200. Any longer and it better be firm and fast or I'm gonna need some help on some of the par 4's.

It's been absolutely bone dry here - we're in a drought. It's crazy the amount of distance that adds.

For me, a course that suits my game is any course that doesnt have trees on the left side of the tee boxes.

Open off the tee. Distance or length doesn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, a course that suits my game is any course that doesnt have trees on the left side of the tee boxes.

Hahahaha and this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most courses that have receptive greens, I tend to score well on. Not an overly high spin player, so anything with super firm, slopping greens tends to get to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Courses with room off the tee that keep driver in your hand and has reachable par 5's.

Most courses that have receptive greens, I tend to score well on. Not an overly high spin player, so anything with super firm, slopping greens tends to get to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's a course I play a few times of year where I swear the greens are concrete. I've seen balls bounce up higher than I've seen anywhere else, and as someone who doesn't put a ton of spin on the ball, it drives me nuts.

I play much better on tree lined courses. Not sure if it's because that's what I grew up playing on or if they just fit my eye better but links golf or wide open courses tend to make me struggle. I think it's easier for me to pick target lines when it's tree lined.

I play much better on tree lined courses. Not sure if it's because that's what I grew up playing on or if they just fit my eye better but links golf or wide open courses tend to make me struggle. I think it's easier for me to pick target lines when it's tree lined.

This was actually something I was thinking about a bit when I was playing yesterday. On nearly every hole, I'm using a tree as my aiming point. There's one hole on my league course that goes up and down over a hill, so the line you want to take doesn't really have any big landmark that you can aim at - you're just looking at sky. I was really uncomfortable with driver on that hole until I learned to find some sort of landmark on the hill and trace it back to the tee box and go that way. It's something I need to remember to do when I play more wide open courses, for sure.

For me any course I get to play suits my game, because I'm not consistent enough for it to matter. Pretty much have never played any course and not enjoyed it.

Back