New PB ( Broke 70)

Great round!! Congrats!

Expectations - a terrible thing to have when you are a high handicap player.

Great job!

Wow, what a great round. Congrats!

Heck of a round man...well done

Wow that is awesome golfing! Well done :clapp:

Awesome well done!!!

Congrats on the amazing round.

That's a hell of a round. Congrats!

Congrats on the great round, lopsta!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you play to a 10 and just shot a 69?! that's fantastic! well done. now be prepared to shoot 99 your next round! at least that's always what happens to me after a good round :)

Congrats!!

Fantastic round....congrats !

Congrats on the PB, Nate and of course it counts. Under our USGA rules, and I would think it would be the same there, if you've finished 13 holes you must post the score. If you didn't play it out, the Equitable Stroke Control rules would apply and you would take par plus whatever strokes you would get on each hole based on your handicap. If you continue playing, there is another little rule that requires that your score on any remaining hole cannot exceed your maximum ESC score for the hole. HaHa. We had trouble with that last one at my club when guys not knowing the rules would suddenly start shooting doubles and triples once the match was over to "build" their handicaps.

Didn't mean to bore you rattling on with rules, buddy. Just wanted to assure you that your 69 is legit and you should be proud of that PB!

The handicapper said to me that if I finished when I finished my match the left over holes would be assessed to 2 stableford points according to my handicap which would have given me a 71.

you play to a 10 and just shot a 69?! that's fantastic! well done. now be prepared to shoot 99 your next round! at least that's always what happens to me after a good round :)

haha I hope not. I haven't shot out of the 80's for two years and hopefully not planning on it happening. :D

Thank you very much everyone for the kind words. Hopefully I can do it again one day. My handicap is getting cut to a 9.6 my lowest ever.

Congrats on the PB! Good on ya mate!

Congrats on the PR

Hi guys
Not sure if you think it counts or not but I wanted to share my card from today, I was very happy.

We played our first round of Pennants today(Foursomes morning, singles afternoon). I was playing at number two taking on a guy on a 7 handicap, im on a 10. It is match play but I putted most holes out and the few gimmies were within a foot and a half, any way I was 5 up after 6 holes and we got to the 7th, I hit a good shot onto the par 3 green onto the top tier about 5 mtrs from the holes and my opponent was only about 3 feet from the hole, I proceeded to drop mine in and he couldn't believe it haha, halved in two's.
Any way after about 5 halves I won the 13th when he had to give me shot and finished the match 6/5. We decided to keep playing with the other guys whose match was still going and I was playing great. Got to the 18th and had my first bogey of the round which disappointed me but I finished with a -3 69, he finished with a 78 which is still good but just not today. Every thing just felt right.
I never thought id break 70 let alone shoot in the 60's but I have now ticked that off one of my goals.
Sorry for the ramble and thanks for looking. My dad was caddying for me which was so nice for him to see it as well, he thought it was a 79 at first but I corrected him and he was so happy for me.
Heres my card from the day.

Quick question for you Nathan; are all scorecards in NZ like this - I mean where the scores add down instead of across? I like this better & I wonder why US scorecards are always horizontally aligned - I never even considered another format until I saw this!

Quick question for you Nathan; are all scorecards in NZ like this - I mean where the scores add down instead of across? I like this better & I wonder why US scorecards are always horizontally aligned - I never even considered another format until I saw this!
I have some old scorecards of my dad's from the 70's from some US courses and they are similar to this vertical design. Not sure if a lot of courses had them back then but there were at least a few.

The local CC here uses that type of scorecard as well. Congrats on the PB, Nathan!

Congrats

Big congrats.

Nice work! A 10 hdcp shooting -3, thats pretty amazing right there. I bet the guy you played wasn't thrilled. :alien:

Awesome job on the personal best-we should start calling you mr n59. (Net59)

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure about all of NZ but the courses around me are all this way. Makes adding up pretty easy.

Nice work! A 10 hdcp shooting -3, thats pretty amazing right there. I bet the guy you played wasn't thrilled. :alien:

I don't know where it came from and to be honest I never thought it would ever happen, but every thing just seamed to click. Chipping and putting was great and of the tee was probably my best ever. He couldn't believe what was happening and didn't matter what I just keep him from winning any holes lol.

Well done indeed!

Back