The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
working in the distribution business, I have to say that the sad reality is that as close as we try to get to that 100% success rate, it is nearly impossible... from a business point of few I understand that mistakes happen, but I wish that it didn't happen to this particular package

I understand mistakes, I really do. But being told twice to expect a call back yesterday and then NO ONE goes to look for it yesterday? They should have a CS runner at each facility to deal with one off situations like this and others. I've probably had near 100 packages delivered via UPS over the last 2 years and this is the first real issue. Terrible luck....

My boy.
Back at the vet

1400c093cc97e5235d6230c73ceb4a73.jpg

That's a pretty boy right there and I hope all goes very well today :thumb:

I understand mistakes, I really do. But being told twice to expect a call back yesterday and then NO ONE goes to look for it yesterday? They should have a CS runner at each facility to deal with one off situations like this and others. I've probably had near 100 packages delivered via UPS over the last 2 years and this is the first real issue. Terrible luck....

this is unacceptable indeed, customer service should be doing better than that.

really hope this all gets sorted out

JB: just a checkup or is he having a hard time again?

Agree on UPS.....unfathomable to me how this gets effed up so bad and their "process" to rectify has glaring holes.
At oncologist learning about chemo options. Side effects and quality if life. Tough morning.

I hate it when I see a really interesting pair of golf shoes on the deal of the day for a surreal price and they are out of my size! :angry::deadhorse:
I mean come on now! My big ole size 13 clod hopper feet need some love too. :at-wits-end: I can sometimes wear a 12 wide but they are usually sold out too.

Oh...and how did it get to the wrong address? They claim the number in the address was invalid so their system "auto corrected" it......to a different street number, street name, city, and zip code. Effin brilliant.....un effin real.
How is this even an option?

At oncologist learning about chemo options. Side effects and quality if life. Tough morning.

Hate seeing this. Hoping they can come up with something good that will work for him.

It completely sucks that it happened to THIS pkg. Trust me when I say that they are up to their eyeballs in pkgs and customer claims. I am a courier for FEDEX, today I have almost twice as many stops as I would have on a normal day. I really hope this gets resolved positively.

Now I'm not saying to lie to them, but in my experiences with USPS, UPS and FedEx regarding packages that are AWOL, if you tell them you're a Federal Firearms Licensee that receieves packages all the time with no headsup and it very well could be a firearm for a customer of yours, they work a bit harder to find it.

Cookie. It's almost unbelievable that a company with that sophisticated of software and tracking ( I've been in one of their regional distribution centers) can eff up something so badly.

Hoping for a positive outcome.
Doesn't surprise me at all. Doesn't matter how great the tech is if you have morons working it, or worse people that don't care.

My boy.
Back at the vet

1400c093cc97e5235d6230c73ceb4a73.jpg

JB hopefully everything gets better, pets are family members.

Now I'm not saying to lie to them, but in my experiences with USPS, UPS and FedEx regarding packages that are AWOL, if you tell them you're a Federal Firearms Licensee that receieves packages all the time with no headsup and it very well could be a firearm for a customer of yours, they work a bit harder to find it.

Truth they do not like to loose those packages at all lots of paperwork

Still thinking of y'all. Great picture, though.
That's awesome. Hell, you could probably just as well say you ordered a thousand rounds of hollow point .45. Or maybe some good ol' 5.56. That might get em moving.

Duke is on his way home and begins chemo next week. While there is no cure for his ailments this gives him the best chance for a good quality of life with his remaining time.

Duke is on his way home and begins chemo next week. While there is no cure for his ailments this gives him the best chance for a good quality of life with his remaining time.

Hoping for the best for the little guy.

Hoping for the best for the little dude and that he has a lot of time remaining.

Hoping the chemo makes it better for Duke.

Woke up this morning and house was pretty cold. Walked upstairs and thermostat read 62 even though it was set to 70. Even turning the thermostat way up wouldn't get the heat to turn on, so that's concerning to me. Not having our heating working well in December is Massachusetts is not a good thing. Hoping that I can get a reliable person out later today to look at it, ugh.

thinking about you guys

Woke up this morning and house was pretty cold. Walked upstairs and thermostat read 62 even though it was set to 70. Even turning the thermostat way up wouldn't get the heat to turn on, so that's concerning to me. Not having our heating working well in December is Massachusetts is not a good thing. Hoping that I can get a reliable person out later today to look at it, ugh.

Thats no good hope its nothing big, do you have gas or electric?

Thats no good hope its nothing big, do you have gas or electric?

Electric. Thought it was just an thermostat issue because it would kick in when I turned the fan to "ON" because it wasn't working on "AUTO". But the person that's at our home now with our son just said that it's still cold in the home 3 hours after I put it the fan to "ON". So I'm worried that it's something bigger than that. At least we have a small electric space heater that we can put in my son's room for his naps so he isn't cold.

Thanks guys, he does not have a ton of time left, but hopefully this gives him the best quality of life during that time.

That's awesome. Hell, you could probably just as well say you ordered a thousand rounds of hollow point .45. Or maybe some good ol' 5.56. That might get em moving.

The best one was at USPS when they insisted the package I wasn't home to sign for the day before must have gone back out for delivery, despite the fact that they don't resend packages unless requested, and the tracking still said at the post office. It took roughly 15 seconds to go from "We've searched the entire building, its not here" to "Oh, here it is." when I showed them my card and told them what it was.

Electric. Thought it was just an thermostat issue because it would kick in when I turned the fan to "ON" because it wasn't working on "AUTO". But the person that's at our home now with our son just said that it's still cold in the home 3 hours after I put it the fan to "ON". So I'm worried that it's something bigger than that. At least we have a small electric space heater that we can put in my son's room for his naps so he isn't cold.

hmm could be several things, but did you happen to check you breaker box this morning.

hmm could be several things, but did you happen to check you breaker box this morning.

Didn't think of that, but barely had any time before I had to be at work. Luckily I get to go home in a couple of hours to figure all of this out.

Not sure if you found anyone, but when I had my house in Boston, I had Platinum Home Services do constant work on both of the heating systems. They were great to work with and were always able to respond same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back