Do you change your bag load out to suit the course?

JonD

2024 Quest Cup w/Edel Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was thinking about this as I mulled dropping my 3W to make room for the potential add of the X-Act Chipper.

Do you have clubs that you pull or add depending on where you're going to play? An extra long iron for tight par 4s? A higher lofted wedge for a course with smaller raised greens?

I used to think this was useful and would move my 4I in/out of my bag depending on the course design thinking that I could use the 4I for tighter tee shots. Recently though, I've been sticking to a single setup (including the 4I), which has proved to be a bit more consistent for me. To the point that if the chipper doesn't work out, I'm thinking of just sticking with the 13 club setup I'm gaming right now.

Although I just swapped my 4i for a hybrid, I don't change anything for different courses. I feel like my setup will fit any course and I don't like having additional clubs laying around anyway :wink:

I used to but know that I only carry 3 wedges my bag travels well for my game.

I have two different MD 54s that I bought with the intent of using on different turfs and hardness of the grounds, but I end up forgetting every time to even think about it, so I just have an extra 54 laying around, basically.

Not normally!!

When I walk 9 holes on Thursday nights in my golf league, I want the lightest bag possible for carrying in the heat after work. And depending upon whether we're on the front 9 or back 9 will dictate what I grab from the top of the bag.

Nope. Only have 14 clubs!

Right now I have the option to swap 5w and 21* hybo if need be.

No change, I already have 14 sticks.

Once upon a time I used to make the decision between a particular fairway wood and a 2 iron depending on the course. Then one day in a tournament that I intended to use the 2 iron I hit my opening tee shot, headed back to my bag and discovered I still had the fairway wood (and the 2 iron) in the bag. Had to take the 2 stroke penalty right there, had someone take the fairway wood to my car, and I have never waited that long to make a decision on the makeup of my bag since.

I keep the same layout course to course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Only thing I might do is add my 58 if it's a course with a lot of mounds around the green, where I could be hitting downhill shots that I don't need going too far.

I may switch out a driver, my highest loft wedge, and putter, just to give some other clubs some love, but that is about it.

Nope i just take the usual pretty much unless im tinkering with a putter

Nope, I have the 14 clubs in my bag and that is it

The only change I do is between a 5FW an 3H. The hybrid has a lower ball flight and I put that in the bag if it is very windy

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back