What golf related occupation is this?

TxTerror

Reaction score
Handicap
Screenshot_20160808-115122.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I run a total station like this everyday i would love to mix golf into my occupation some how.

Last edited:
To learn more about shot link check out this site. http://www.pgatour.com/stats/shotlinkintelligence.html

CDW is the tech sponsor of the PGA and powers shot link but they are a tech VAR (value added reseller) and not a golf company. I have worked for CDW for nearly 10 years. We do some awesome things for the tour around technology and big data but we do these things for all kinds of industries outside of golf. Big data is the wave of the future ;) if you want to work with golf stats (both collecting and analyzing) I would reach out to shot link.

Total station. I have used one thousands of times.

Lol i knew it was a total station i have been a surveyor for 6 years i was just curious as to what his actual job title would be.
I would love to mix surveying and golf around a tournament style environment that would be awesome.

It's usually a volunteer at the tournament who operates shot link. They have one in the fairway and on the greens. I talked to a couple of them at congressional a couple years ago when volunteering for the tournament

That is Shotlink. It's done by volunteers at each PGA event. I've worked it on the fairway and the green. The distance of each shot get inputted and sent back to the Shotlink truck. That truck has a bunch of folks that review/post those distances and that information is used for the PGA Player Statistics and by the announcers during TV coverage.

Back