I put elixir polymers extra lights (.010-.042) on it. Makes it much easier to play. Haha.

I love the feel of Elixirs....but unfortunatelly I have a tendency to make them break to easy when using them on longer gigs with acoustic guitar...but they sure feels nice to play. They are also good to avoid "fizzly/squiky" (probably not real words) sound when moving fingers on the fretboard when recording.

With the lack of snow, I've been occupying myself with music again. I picked up a 25-key AKAI midi controller to do bass lines and accents with my acoustic and rock stuff but I'm discovering the sonic possibilities or that little sucker. I spent all weekend pushing keys and buttons and making all kinds of beeps and boops and ended up turning an acoustic song I wrote into a dreamy electro-pop thing. Was really fun doing. Take a listen if ya like and hope ya enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/the-organic-meth-lab/dear-abilene-2nd-cut

Cool song, I like it alot! I am crap myself with electro style music, but would like to learn someday when time allows

For any of you guys that love the acoustic guitar I have a http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/C770T still in it's hard case and a Vox -acoustic amp to sell together or separate . If interested let me know, $600 for guitar and $300 for amp.

Love it!!! Just shared it on Twitter, I know plenty of guys who love Manowar, Yngwie, Alestorm, etc. and this is right up their alley.

Thanks!!!

Haha you have guitar ho syndrome :D

Chapmans are nice man.

Oh Yea, guitars are beautiful.

If I had the money I wouldn't even worry about playing them just hang them. Haha.

But I gotta have a reason to own them, and I'm getting better.

Oh Yea, guitars are beautiful.

If I had the money I wouldn't even worry about playing them just hang them. Haha.

But I gotta have a reason to own them, and I'm getting better.

I agree, the Chapmans seem to be nice guitars at a good price. I have never tried one myself yet though..

I'd like to check out a Chapman, they look pretty nice and at a great price.

Supposedly the wood is real nice, and it looks good, that black, and vintage sunburst Oh my.....

And they saved on the electronics. The pickups aren't supposed to be very good and are made to be replaced.

Definitely glad I got an acoustic, I can just sit here and practice not have to plug in and it sounds good.

The extra lights also do induce a little more fret buzz though. But it's fine just gotta place the fingers right.

Supposedly the wood is real nice, and it looks good, that black, and vintage sunburst Oh my.....

And they saved on the electronics. The pickups aren't supposed to be very good and are made to be replaced.

As I understand it, the newer guitars that are sold now do have good pickups so there should be no need to change for that reason

I just went to the Chapman site and I could definitely give some of them a run, the ML 2 reminds me of some GMP's.

I may own one of these soon.

The electronics on the ML1 are interesting.

The original had a kilpot I don't think the new ones do.

For the price, they look like great guitars. And the pictures at least have some great grain to them.

What kind of tuner do you guys use? I lost mine and never really trusted it. I should learn how to do it by ear.

What kind of tuner do you guys use? I lost mine and never really trusted it. I should learn how to do it by ear.

I have an old Korg tu12 that I've had for 20 years I think, I'm going to get a clip on soon if I ever decide to pick the darn guitar up again lol.

I can't remember the brand, but it's got an input for electrics and also a mic for acoustics and other instruments (I use it for my saxophones as well). My acoustic-electric has an on board tuner.

That being said, I rarely use it for my guitars, I usually tune by ear off the low E (or whatever it is, depending on tuning).

You guitar players and your tuning....yer killing me ! :laughing:
I always have to wait for my bandmates to tune theirs.

Wow, just found this thread. I'm a guitar player - currently have a Fender American Strat and a nice Recording King acoustic. Have been playing for about 15 years and have owned several other guitars, but now club ho'ing took over gear acquisition syndrome! HA.

Just finished making some improvements to my funky little creation corner. Picked up that portable vocal booth there and some wall hangers for my geeeeeetars. Place is feeling very cozy now. Feeling some good stuff coming from it!

ab5a4f1237a53a96457d43d36bcc36d5.jpg

I've been wanting to pick up one of those portable vocal booths. I usually build blanket forts if I'm in a room that has some ugly reflections. Since I started grad school though I really haven't had time to really work on any projects, just drum tracks for a few bands/friends but no tracking or mixing projects.

That's a nice little writing area Eagles, is your black custom an Elitist?

I've been wanting to pick up one of those portable vocal booths. I usually build blanket forts if I'm in a room that has some ugly reflections. Since I started grad school though I really haven't had time to really work on any projects, just drum tracks for a few bands/friends but no tracking or mixing projects.
Blanket forts work pretty well. It was just easier to get the booth so I don't have to set up and tear down every time I wanted to record vox. The booth does do a nice job of filtering out reflections. It isn't perfect but it works well enough.
That's a nice little writing area Eagles, is your black custom an Elitist?
No it isn't. Its a '91 Epi Custom. That one was my first real guitar so it holds a special place for me

Blanket forts work pretty well. It was just easier to get the booth so I don't have to set up and tear down every time I wanted to record vox. The booth does do a nice job of filtering out reflections. It isn't perfect but it works well enough.

No it isn't. Its a '91 Epi Custom. That one was my first real guitar so it holds a special place for me

I'm an epi fan dude nice guitar.

Back