The most memorable major you've watched?

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
What's the most memorable major that you've watched? Tournament, year and the reason why?

Mine should be the 1986 Masters but I foolishly didn't watch with my dad like I usually did, opting instead to spend the day with my girlfriend. So mine will have to instead be the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines. That Sunday round. Then Rocco and Tiger's playoff duel was so captivating. A major I'll never forget.

What's yours?

I'm going to take the easy route and say the 2016 Open, with this years US Open being a close second!

2008 U.S. Open for me as well.

1997 Masters. Just started getting into good and seeing Tigers dominance

86 Masters for me as well. I remember watching it with my Dad that Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2016 Open. Two guys playing at the height of their skills at an engaging course.

2000 US Open, Tiger wins by 15 shots, never happen again!!

Not sure why, but the 2008 U.S. Open (Tiger v. Rocco) came to mind. That was a fun little showdown.

2003 pga at oak hill, saw it in person

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jean Van de Velde blowing the 1999 British Open. Don't think I will ever forget watching that meltdown on 18. Still shocked he drained that putt for triple to force the playoff.

'97 Masters for obvious reasons.

2016 Open CHampionship

2000 US Open, Tiger wins by 15 shots, never happen again!!
Same for me. Wins by 15, Pebble Beach was rock hard and he beats the field by 15. Couldn't then, and still can't believe it now. 2nd was 15 back................

1986 Masters is a close 2nd, watching Jack get after it starting at the 9th hole and marching home. I remember thinking at the start of the back 9...................Oh jeez, he's gonna do it. And did.

I think its the 2008 US Open for me

Toss up between the 2000 U.S. Open and the 2008 U.S. Open for me.

2000 US Open for me. I was a tiger fan more than a golf fan, and he just flat out dominated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna cheat, because there are 3 for me, and they were the ones that helped me get hooked onto golf. 88,89 & 90 Masters. The years Lyle and Faldo won.

2016 Open and 2009 Open

I really like Phil and Henrick so I was glued to the coverage this year, and the play was crazy.

2009 was unbelievable, Watson almost made history and I remember hurting for him.

2008 US Open. This years British is up there as well.

On TV, a tie between the 05 Masters and the 08 US Open

In person, 2011 Masters. That was a pretty cool experience when it started going nuts.

I haven't watched many to be honest, so I'd have to go with this years Open.

2004 Masters

Being a huge Phil fan, my dad and I were glued to the TV. Phil's 31 on the back nine was insane and the battle between him and Ernie was fun to watch.

Back