How often do you take a lesson?

Have yet to take a lesson yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Time/cost or just happy with where your game is?

Why? Time/cost or just happy with where your game is?

I am progressing fine, think it will hinder more then help .

I am progressing fine, think it will hinder more then help .

That is an interesting take on it. You think lessons would make you worse of a golfer than if you didn't take them? I am not doubting you, just curious.

How often? Never have. What's preventing it? Money, and the fact that I've seen pretty solid improvement on my own so far. Also, seeing other people waste money and never get anything out of it isn't exactly making me chomp at the bit to seek someone out.

That is an interesting take on it. You think lessons would make you worse of a golfer than if you didn't take them? I am not doubting you, just curious.

Have had 2 friends who's games fell apart after a series of lessons. Maybe a fluke ....hard to say

I took almost 40 in a two year time frame. So just about 2 times a month, every month. It started to slow as my swing improved and this year I haven't had any. I would have liked to have taken 1 or 2 just to keep an eye on things, but I haven't been able to play golf since May (and am probably out for another 2+ months).

I also plan to do a 10-20 lesson deal through golftec next year to really fine tune all the technical aspects of the swing (hip turn, shoulder turn, weight transfer, etc.).

Have had 2 friends who's games fell apart after a series of lessons. Maybe a fluke ....hard to say

I've heard this before as well and it scares me to try but I'm going to give it a go this fall/winter.

How often do you take a lesson?

It is common to regress before improving. It's a short term pain long term gain things as you replace bad moves and compensations that have become engrained in your muscle memory with correct movements. But you should come out the other side with your game in much better shape.

I agree with this 100%. Every time, I've had a lesson the initial results are not there. IE don't go right from the lesson to the course. I try not to play for a while after lesson. Just go bang balls on the range and try and get the new feeling.

When I did a major swing change about 4 years ago. I did 2 lessons about 3-4 weeks apart and probably 12-15 range sessions in between. I think I played only 1 time in that period. The first thing my instructor said when I went back is, you been at the range a lot. He knew I really tried to ingrain what he was trying to get me to do. It paid off and the long term gain was worth it.

It is common to regress before improving. It's a short term pain long term gain things as you replace bad moves and compensations that have become engrained in your muscle memory with correct movements. But you should come out the other side with your game in much better shape.

I don't take them very often. Having been the one who used to give them, I typically know my faults and can self diagnose. BUT, when I do need a second set of eyes, I call on my brother who used to work for GolfTec and gave THOUSANDS of lessons while he worked there, so he has a really good eye for that. Last time I took a lesson? November, 2014.

Back