How would you rank these accomplishments?

First I need to win my club championship, then Im sure the rest will follow in time:act-up:

I hope I don't offend anyone by this, but I believe a non American winning gold in the Olympics would have a profound effect on the sport in that country.

Id have to disagree there. If a Brit wins, it won't make a blind bit of difference. It may help in a country where the game is developing. To give an idea on how important the event is back home, watching BBC coverage this morning, they didn't even mention it, let alone show it.

Id have to disagree there. If a Brit wins, it won't make a blind bit of difference. It may help in a country where the game is developing. To give an idea on how important the event is back home, watching BBC coverage this morning, they didn't even mention it, let alone show it.
I can see that. Golf is really developed in England. I do mean a country where golf is a secondary or more obscure sport.

Last edited:
I would probably say:

Winning an Olympic Gold Medal
Winning the Masters
Winning the FedEx Cup
Winning the US Open
Winning the Open
Winning the PGA
Playing on a Ryder Cup Team
Playing on a Presidents Cup Team
Winning the Players Championship

Winning the FedEx Cup
Winning the Masters

Winning the US Open
Winning the Open
Winning the PGA

As a golfer I'd say the Masters, but as a Canadian I'd say the Olympics. Pretty sure a vast majority of Canadians have no clue who won the last few Masters, or do they care. But our national pride would make a medalist a household name, even to non-golfers. A medal would be huge for Canada, and golf in Canada, even a bronze.
Delaet is doing great atm (2nd last time I checked), and we have a very good chance with Brooke Henderson as well.

As a golfer I'd say the Masters, but as a Canadian I'd say the Olympics. Pretty sure a vast majority of Canadians have no clue who won the last few Masters, or do they care. But our national pride would make a medalist a household name, even to non-golfers. A medal would be huge for Canada, and golf in Canada, even a bronze.
Delaet is doing great atm (2nd last time I checked), and we have a very good chance with Brooke Henderson as well.
Interesting. I thought that per capita golf is pretty big in Canada. Could be a wrong impression.

Winning always better than just playing!!!

Winning the Masters
Winning the US Open
Winning the Open
Winning the PGA
Winning the FedEx Cup

Interesting. I thought that per capita golf is pretty big in Canada. Could be a wrong impression.

Its huge! My mother plays twice a week, but I'd bet she couldn't name 5 pga players. In my province we have more golf courses per capita than anywhere in the world, but pga on TV lacks viewers due to the fact we have no dominant golfers. Well Brooke Henderson could be that person in the future, but for now this would get golf on tv on Canadians radar. As a medal IMO would seem more important than some tournament.
You should hear the groans when I turn the tv at work to golf, even from Golfers. Its sad.

Winning the Masters
Winning the US Open
Winning the Open
Winning the PGA
Playing on a Ryder Cup team
Winning the FedEx Cup
Playing on a Presidents Cup team

It's not looking good right now. I was hoping Rickie would get off to a good start and be in the hunt. What a rough start.

Yeah, 12 back after day 1... He's going to have to play out of his mind. Fortunately there's no cut.

Olympic Gold
The Masters
The Open
The US Open
Ryder Cup
Presidents Cup
PGA
FedEx Cup
Players Championship

Back