Piretti Putters Thread

Very interesting. As others have said, feel and sound in putters is legit - even a hack like me can notice differences in my modest collection.

Curious, did the refinishing on the Potenza affect the feel/sound at all? I know the new finish is quite different from what you had before.

Very interesting. As others have said, feel and sound in putters is legit - even a hack like me can notice differences in my modest collection.

Curious, did the refinishing on the Potenza affect the feel/sound at all? I know the new finish is quite different from what you had before.
No, it didn't affect the feel/sound at all from what I can tell...thank goodness. Its just an oil patina finish not a pvd or anything.

Turns out Piretti is making the Cottonwood II out of carbon steel now, not stainless. Hmmmm, very interesting...

For some reason yesterday I started looking at the Matera....

So I went to order the Matera and had error issues on their site. Thinking it wasn't going through I got impatient and for some stupid reason went and ordered a Scotty that I liked but I had my heart set on the Matera still. A few days pass and I send them an email about charges to my card and I guess eventhough the website was showing an error the charges were still going through. Long story short they went above and beyond to take care of me and make things right, I cancelled my Scotty order and will have my Matera in hand tomorrow. Their customer service was excellent to deal with and I will be a return customer because of that.

So I went to order the Matera and had error issues on their site. Thinking it wasn't going through I got impatient and for some stupid reason went and ordered a Scotty that I liked but I had my heart set on the Matera still. A few days pass and I send them an email about charges to my card and I guess eventhough the website was showing an error the charges were still going through. Long story short they went above and beyond to take care of me and make things right, I cancelled my Scotty order and will have my Matera in hand tomorrow. Their customer service was excellent to deal with and I will be a return customer because of that.

Good to hear they got everything sorted for you! Hope you love the Matera. I love me some Piretti.

I adore my Piretti. Made some rock solid putts with it yesterday, and its just freaking stunning in the sunlight.

I adore my Piretti. Made some rock solid putts with it yesterday, and its just freaking stunning in the sunlight.
Even the few putts I hit with that thing told me that that Tour Only is easily the softest putter I have ever rolled, bar none.

My new acquisition - CWII with PVD finish. Haven't fully figured out the speed yet, but I had an ok putting day to start with it. Can't wait to get out to the putting green and get this beauty dialed in!

21ccdfc391f3bbeefa476e9db74bf35f.jpg

4d3bf5857e861dacae6f47e1b1e5f11b.jpg

9dec714b9c6215b47ccd8768116b8fb5.jpg

d1f7ab87a718294f549d470c97ae2282.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty Skibum... I kinda wanted to keep it but I'm thrilled to see it go to a great home.

I adore my Piretti and I have an itch to buy some more.

Beauty Skibum... I kinda wanted to keep it but I'm thrilled to see it go to a great home.

I adore my Piretti and I have an itch to buy some more.
Well I am honored you chose to entrust it to me! It calls to me and makes me want to go practice (which I may very soon).

The refinish on your Tour Only is just awesome. I am a major sucker for a good oil can finish.

My game was really off and on today, but a bright spot was my putting with the CWII. I had 33 putts with 4 1 putts, including one for bird. Continuing to love the soft feel and pure roll that this wonderful flatstick has.

Anyone know the future of the new Savona mallet? Plans for "retail" version vs tour pricing?

July 1st and $399

I totally made that up.

I've been enjoying my Piretti lately and its a joy to putt with, but I'll never buy another carbon head putter again. At least one without a maintenance free finish.
Our climate is just too wet and I find myself worrying about every pebble of sand or fertilizer on a green.

The maintenance to keep it mint is exhausting and it hurts when the finish marks up.
Its going to wear and I think I need to just let it.

My love for this putter is growing with every round and practice session. I've found a comfort with it and it has freed up my stroke from the big ol' mallets I used to use. The nearly face balanced mallets put me into a forced SBST stroke but this Piretti with it's large toe hang allows me to stroke more naturally.
I'm sinking putts inside 10' with a confidence I haven't had for a long time.

The finish is starting to patina a little bit and it looks so damn good in the sunlight.
33450664130e9808f8ded6295b4cbddd.jpg

My CWII was absolutely singing yesterday on the front 9 especially, despite how rubbish the rest of my game was. Had 12 putts on the front...ridiculous. At one point I rolled 3 putts in a row in from outside 8 feet.

The more I use it, the better I seem to get with it. And for the first time in a while, I have absolutely no urge to change to something else.

rolled a tour only Piretti putter today that looked similar to the cottonwood 2. it was a practice round and this kid had a $1600 one that was "tour only" that he had. wow, it was
AMAZING. granted, for $1600 it better be

Picked this guy up today! Found out there was a retailer just 15 min from me. Was going to go with a Cameron until I rolled a few and I must say it felt amazing. Playing with it tomorrow morning!

07492eafaf57dc9b2da06099a75d1b20.jpg

I"ve had my CWII for about a month now, and if anyone is considering grabbing one, do it. Far superior to any Scotty or premium putter I have ever rolled for sure.

I"ve had my CWII for about a month now, and if anyone is considering grabbing one, do it. Far superior to any Scotty or premium putter I have ever rolled for sure.
I have a hard time calling them superior to other high end putters, but Piretti makes a damn fine product. My Tour Only is my favorite club that I own and its simply fantastic to putt with.

I have a hard time calling them superior to other high end putters, but Piretti makes a damn fine product. My Tour Only is my favorite club that I own and its simply fantastic to putt with.

Agree. Outstanding putters, but then there are quite a few companies making outstanding putters IMO. I do know I love my CWII.

Well I've now had the CWII for a solid year, and it's not going anywhere. It's honestly transformed my putting to where I used to be a 36+ putt a round guy, my speed was pretty iffy, and I almost never made 4 and 5 footers. Now I'm averaging probably around 33 putts a round, I usually slam home a good few 4 or 5 footers and my speed is always giving me chances at 2 putts. No, I have not eliminated 3 putts entirely, but I sure know that I have less of them than I used to.

Really love this flatstick. Just awesome.

Back