How to Improve Ryder Cup Coverage

bigskyirish

Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
With the Ryder Cup coming up in just over a month, and NBC having the coverage yet again, I have a question to pose: what would you do to improve the coverage? If the question seems to imply that the coverage needs to be included, that's because I think it does. NBC's coverage of golf drives me crazy, and I think the Ryder Cup is the worst. Last time around, I remember tuning in and watching for a full 45 minutes before I saw the Reed/Kuchar group hit a single shot. Which is borderline ridiculous to me because there are only 4 foursomes on the course at any given time.

I love the Ryder Cup and I'll tune in regardless, but if you were put in charge of NBC Sports, what would you do to change or improve the coverage? I'll start with this one: show every shot. It shouldn't be that hard--there simply aren't that many groups on the course. And if you have to show a few on tape delay because guys are hitting at the same time fine. I could even live with NBC's endless commercials as long as I got to see every shot.

I don't want to see every shot and I don't want to see every player. I want to see good golf and great golf shots. I like commentary and back stories. I like hearing what the announcers think and how they might play a shot. I like hearing roars then see what happened. It's hard as heck to cover a golf event since its scattered over miles of a golf course. I've never had an issue with televised golf and I'm not sure I ever will.

I'd improve it by just giving the viewers MORE! More coverage of every single aspect of it. I know that seems ridiculous to even think that one could want more, especially with Golf Channel's Live From.... segments but I do, I want ALL of it! Otherwise, I think that NBC does a good job with the Ryder Cup myself.

I hate NBCs coverage. The best way to improve coverage is let Fox take over the broadcasting that way I can see more golf being played.

How to Improve Ryder Cup Coverage

I'd like to get Sky coverage for obvious reasons. I suspect is be in a minority over here though thinking that would improve coverage LOL.

Pro tracer on every shot. Maybe some split screen action would be cool - Most people have TV's big enough to really see 2 things going on at once.

Keep Johnny Miller away from the telecast, let me hear more feherty. Show more golf whether it's going back to a great shot after it happens or it be live. Give me more of what fox does for their coverage.

Keep Johnny Miller away from the telecast, let me hear more feherty. Show more golf whether it's going back to a great shot after it happens or it be live. Give me more of what fox does for their coverage.
Haha no Johnny is perfect. He's so brutal.

Back