What would You Pay To Get Into The Grandaddy?

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
The Grandaddy is an amazing event, no question about it. But how much would you be willing to shell out to get in if it wasn't all expenses paid? $1000, $2000, more?

Would The Cup or any other major event be as desirable as the Grandaddy if they were all expenses paid?

$500. Of course, I wouldn't have to travel to get here.

I think I'd go $2000. That's about my yearly budget on golf clubs and rounds.

No, nothing else would be as desirable as the GD. Its a full fitting and rounds at one of the best courses in the country.

Would like? Yes.

That being said, this event is what it is because of what THP and Callaway have done to give us the ultimate experience, so luckily we don't have to.

I hate to put a monetary value on anything that special... the fact that you can't buy the experience just adds to it.

That said... simply the clubs + the fitting is worth more $$$ than anyone has offered up so far.

Last edited:
You can't put a price on The Grandaddy. Thats what makes it so special, its Priceless.

I've said it other threads but there is no way I could make this happen my own, financially nor access like this...the reality is, there are a large number of expenses more important to my family unit than my hobby and I couldn't even think about paying for something like this. I'm beyond grateful for this chance.

$0

Something this awesome should not be bought. The fact that it is given through the generosity of THP and Callaway is what makes it so special!

I don't disagree that it's a special event. I just wonder how much of the excitement to get in is because it's free.

I be thrilled to be picked for it, but if it was going to be $3000+ out of my pocket, it wouldn't be an easy decision.

I think part of the allure and "coolness" of The Grandaddy is that it is all expenses paid. For enough money, anyone can put a similar trip together, but I bet it wouldn't come close to rivaling the real deal.

I don't disagree that it's a special event. I just wonder how much of the excitement to get in is because it's free.

I be thrilled to be picked for it, but if it was going to be $3000+ out of my pocket, it wouldn't be an easy decision.

How much would you pay if I told you we were bringing back the Morgan Cup and you were a captain.
All in, including travel, what would it be worth to you? Mulitply it by about 10 and you have the Grandaddy.

I think part of the allure and "coolness" of The Grandaddy is that it is all expenses paid. For enough money, anyone can put a similar trip together, but I bet it wouldn't come close to rivaling the real deal.

Im not sure I agree with that honestly, as Jason Finley said on THP Radio. "One of the reasons the Grandaddy is so special, is money cannot buy this trip".

What would You Pay To Get Into The Grandaddy?

Im not sure I agree with that honestly, as Jason Finley said on THP Radio. "One of the reasons the Grandaddy is so special, is money cannot buy this trip".

That's why I said similar. For a ton of money, I'm sure I can get some manufacturer to fit me like a pro and I can play some exclusive course, but it wouldn't be the same. I was essentially agreeing with Jason.

How much would you pay if I told you we were bringing back the Morgan Cup and you were a captain.
All in, including travel, what would it be worth to you? Mulitply it by about 10 and you have the Grandaddy.
Including the cost of the event, flights, hotels, extra rounds, food, clothes, etc..., I spent just under $1800 to be in the Legacy & it was worth every penny. I'd expect that it would be roughly 3 times that for the tangible things included in the Grandaddy. The question is how much are the intangibles worth.

Including the cost of the event, flights, hotels, extra rounds, food, clothes, etc..., I spent just under $1800 to be in the Legacy & it was worth every penny. I'd expect that it would be roughly 3 times that for the tangible things included in the Grandaddy. The question is how much are the intangibles worth.

I think you are getting close.
How much is it worth to play the finest course you will ever step foot on? Genuine question.
So if you take that $2k you spent. Add in Professional Fitting, Swag for Days and playing an uber private facility that is nicer than most would ever dream of, what would it cost?
Then add playing against the people that create the clubs.
Caddies to cater to your every need on the course, etc. All inclusive of course, as well. Need a drink? Someone is bringing it to you.
I ask all of this genuinely.

That's what makes it truly priceless! Just so special, can't put a price tag on it.

The price tag on a trip like this would be north of 10k and past that I have no idea. The treatment is first class.

You cannot put a price on it...
Flight
45 minute limo ride
Hotel accommodation first night
Dinner first night
Fitting at ECPC
Chartered bus to the desert
Multiple fancy dinners
Two nights at incredible desert hotel
45 holes at a golf course you cannot get on
Chartered bus back
Another nights hotel
Limo ride back to the airport

Oh and tons of swag, 14 clubs, bag, all the food and drinks you could ever want

Don't give them any ideas Shakey...

No doubt it's amazing. I was just curious to see if people had a $ they would pay to get in.

I honestly would pay every penny in my banking accounts.
It wouldn't be enough, and could never be enough in my opinion.
I can't put a value on it. I don't think you can accurately do so without being a member.

How do you put a $ figure on memories, momentos, and an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

Take whatever you think and multiply by 11 because this trip "COULD NOT" be as memorable if you were to go by yourself. Don't forget the 11 or so other THP'ers that really make this event last a lifetime.

I couldn't put a price tag on it. So many intangibles that you can't begin to imagine and I for one had so many great conversations with THPers and ZooCrew members that there is no way you can price that out.

Sounds crazy, but it's hard to explain unless you experience it.

Back