Callaway XR Hybrids Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why there was not a thread dedicated to the new XR hybrids, but I could not find one. So here is a thread to discuss the latest line.

1421354964941.jpg

Looks like something else I need to try. I really like the looks! Going back for my woods/hybrid fitting at CC in March so I'm hoping they have these in stock to give a go with all the different shafts!

If this thing outperforms the X2Hot line I will be amazed. Callaway is killing it with their hybrids in recent years.

• Admin
GOPR0101-M.jpg

Looks great. Will be sure to test it when I can!!

I went with the 815 due to adjustability, but I'd be lying to you if I didn't regret waiting a little bit longer to give this one a whack. Love the muted look of the chev on crown.

• Admin
I went with the 815 due to adjustability, but I'd be lying to you if I didn't regret waiting a little bit longer to give this one a whack.

I have both, but something about this one really speaks to me. I will put it in the bag for tomorrow's round and comapre the two.

I'm looking forward to the 19 degree in the non-pro version. I had good luck with the X2Hot Pro but found the non-pro to be more forgiving day in/day out.

These are absolutely stunning.

This thing looks great, almost like the XHot/X2Hot had a baby with an Adams hybo in a way to me, from these pics. I can't wait to check it out! This might finally knock the ol XHot Pro from my bag!

Was there a press release or anything with these with some basic info? Sorry if I missed it. Really wasnt a fan of the X2Hot but loved the XHot so really curious about these.

Edit: Nevermind. Didnt realize they were up on their site already.

Tried the Pro 19* in Golf Galaxy last week...oh my. The sound is perfect to me, and for being a pro version had no trouble with launch or forgiveness. Felt very easy to hit. Would love to try these out on course. Looks wise these or the new R15 hybrids are very high on my list of wants right now.

I hit this one last week for a while and came away very impressed.

Saw these in person over the weekend among the demo clubs at Golfsmith. Really look nice, and I hadn't realized that the alignment chevron was raised (thought it was a graphic). I'll give them a hit when I get an opportunity, but it would be tough to beat the X2Hot performance I have seen.

Very pretty, and I do like the looks of the unpainted chevron.

That being said, if they're very much longer than my current hybrids, I don't think I'd game them. My current hybrids gap pretty nicely to my bag. But we'll see how the year plays out.

Look awfully similar to the X2 Hot line, I think I prefer the look of the 815, but doesn't mean I don't want to give them a try!

this reminded me more of the x2 hot than the Bertha hybrid did, going off of looks.

Really loving the looks of these. I like that the alignment aid is so subtle. Might give these a try soon.

I want to hit them, I pooooooooooounded Hawk's X2Hot on the range in West Palm, so these will be on the must try list.

Love the matte crown, seems like the whole XR line has moved away from adjustability, I presume to keep weight down, much the same as V Series.

The whole XR line looks so good. These are no exception. Great looking clubs.

Not hitting this at the Grandaddy was a mistake. I still struggle with hybrids, for no reason at all, and while I like the Big Bertha hybrid just fine, I think I like this look (shape) a little bit better.

reminds me a lot of my x2hots. Not sure how they can improve on the performance from them.

Love the matte crown, seems like the whole XR line has moved away from adjustability, I presume to keep weight down, much the same as V Series.

The X2 hybrids weren't adjustable either - I think only the drivers were. I do think this head with adjustability would be fantastic. I haven't hit the Bertha or 815 hybrids yet though.

The X2 hybrids weren't adjustable either - I think only the drivers were. I do think this head with adjustability would be fantastic. I haven't hit the Bertha or 815 hybrids yet though.

While I really want a driver head that is adjustable, having that on my hybrids is something I don't care as much about for whatever reason. I'm personally glad that they offer versions with and without.

Back