New PB ( Broke 70)

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys
Not sure if you think it counts or not but I wanted to share my card from today, I was very happy.

We played our first round of Pennants today(Foursomes morning, singles afternoon). I was playing at number two taking on a guy on a 7 handicap, im on a 10. It is match play but I putted most holes out and the few gimmies were within a foot and a half, any way I was 5 up after 6 holes and we got to the 7th, I hit a good shot onto the par 3 green onto the top tier about 5 mtrs from the holes and my opponent was only about 3 feet from the hole, I proceeded to drop mine in and he couldn't believe it haha, halved in two's.
Any way after about 5 halves I won the 13th when he had to give me shot and finished the match 6/5. We decided to keep playing with the other guys whose match was still going and I was playing great. Got to the 18th and had my first bogey of the round which disappointed me but I finished with a -3 69, he finished with a 78 which is still good but just not today. Every thing just felt right.
I never thought id break 70 let alone shoot in the 60's but I have now ticked that off one of my goals.
Sorry for the ramble and thanks for looking. My dad was caddying for me which was so nice for him to see it as well, he thought it was a 79 at first but I corrected him and he was so happy for me.
Heres my card from the day.

That's very awesome..congrats!

Mate that's awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

Awesome!!!

Awesome round!!

Watch out European Tour! Awesome round buddy!!! :clapp::thumb:

Congrats, that is awesome!

Congrats, fantastic round!

Great accomplishment even with gimmies.

Congrats, that is great !!!

Congrats!! I remember when I first broke 70. It was a special day. Enjoy the feeling :) Keep up the good work!!

nice job!

Congrats, what a great round!

Congrats on the PB, Nate and of course it counts. Under our USGA rules, and I would think it would be the same there, if you've finished 13 holes you must post the score. If you didn't play it out, the Equitable Stroke Control rules would apply and you would take par plus whatever strokes you would get on each hole based on your handicap. If you continue playing, there is another little rule that requires that your score on any remaining hole cannot exceed your maximum ESC score for the hole. HaHa. We had trouble with that last one at my club when guys not knowing the rules would suddenly start shooting doubles and triples once the match was over to "build" their handicaps.

Didn't mean to bore you rattling on with rules, buddy. Just wanted to assure you that your 69 is legit and you should be proud of that PB!

Congrats! Great score!

Congrats on the amazing round!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Nathan! Great score!

Great score Nathan!

Congrats!

Congrats on the fantastic round!

Congratulations, that's quite an achievement!

Congrats...very awesome.

Very nice, congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the round!

Congrats!

Back