The coolest thing you ever saw

We were in Aruba for our honeymoon, sitting on our balcony overlooking the ocean, watching a lightning storm in Venezuela. I'll never forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing I've ever seen: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...7057-How-to-pack-a-Staff-Bag-with-MikeDean441

Fun fact: this is what you see when you google it.

c8db715d567d068559e98a1bad8772dc.jpg

My great grandson. He is awesome!

My daughter's face when we walked in the gates of the Magic Kingdom and she saw Cinderella's castle. Will never forget it.

Playing out on Vancouver island at Morningstar. Standing on the 3rd tee with the Eagle Tree in between two fairways I looked behind me and saw a golden eagle coming through the 9th fairway and the meadow between the holes at about 6 feet off the ground headed strait towards us. The shear size of the thing was at the same time amazing and a little scary as its wingspan must have been between 6 and 8 feet. It was so amazing I never even thought about grabbing my camera until it was all over. It flew up into the tree above and we had to wait for the commotion from the young to die out before we played our second shots.

golden-eagle-hd-wallpapers.jpg.jpg

My son mooning the world as he came into it.

Seeing and feeling a tornado...wasn't cool at the moment.

Couple years ago I had a fawn (spots were gone, but still pretty young) stand 10 yds behind me on the practice hole while I hit shots for a few minutes, just staring, and bleating at me once in while. Then it ran off down the fairway and into the woods.

Another one was when I saw the lions at Haile Selassi's palace in Addis Ababa. It was feeding time and remember the roars. They were so loud that you feel it your chest as well as hear it.

I will always remember the Safari we did in Senecal a few years ago, I have thousands of pictures of it, but I dont need them, I remember every second of it. it is well worth it guys, do it if you have a chance.

Water spout out in the Atlantic my first trip to Myrtle beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A starry night from NE Saudi Arabia when there was no light pollution for 1,000 miles. Incredible what you could see with the naked eye. Binoculars made it even more impressive.

I will add to my list:
I watched the Space Shuttle take off a few years ago at something like 5am.
In the dark, it was VERY impressive!

I was just across the water, and you felt it!

It was in a Slovakian night club.

Outside of my daughters being born....

Doing a behind the scenes tour of the 442nd Fighter Wing AND the 509th Bomber Wing at Whiteman AFB, with my wife, parents and brother. I (we) got to sit in the cockpit of the Stealth Bomber, the Spirit of Missouri (most of them are named after states).

Seeing a shuttle or rocket launch at night.

Being inside a wave with a 15 foot face, and then seeing the sunlight again after that wave closed out on you.

Lava on the move, and the steam created as it pours into the ocean making the island you're on bigger right before your eyes.

Last, but certainly not least:

4b09c38a95bff47a7ab96f7a97c713c2.jpg

I saw 2 deer bolt across the road in front of me. On the other side of the road was a ditch, and beyond that was a barbed wire fence with 3 lines of wire. From the road, at full speed, both deer jumped. One went over the fence and the other went between the top 2 wires. Neither deer broke stride after the fence - it was an amazing feat of agility!

seen a lot of cool things in my day.....

was out fishing on the river with some friends and some beers, an eagle flies from across the river, about 1/2 Km......flies a foot off the water straight at us.....picks up a walleye outa the water...and a nice one at that....and flies away with it.......it was just like on TV.

Our first trip to the zoo with our son, last year, we were in the Brown Bear exhibit and we were looking in the window to their "den". There stood a male and female Mallard. Mr Brown Bear wasn't happy they were in his den. The Mallards realized what was about to happen, only a few seconds too late and the bear stepped on the male. Lifted his paw, checked to see if he was still alive, then smooshed him again. It was amazing to watch. He then took the mallard up to the top of the enclosure and proceeded to have a snack.

If I may quote Mr. Kristofferson: "I have seen the morning sun burning golden on the mountain in the skies." That is to say, I grew up on the foothills of the Blue Ridge. I have seen the eagles in the sky. The bobcats would sing me to sleep at night and wake me in the morning. I have seen life renewed in the spring and the changing colors of the leaves in the fall. (Something I never really understood why people would make the trip to see). Now I live on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. While I still see the occasional Eagle in flight, I have had the experience and delights of both the mountains and the flat lands. To say that I have been lucky over my lifetime would be an understatement.

Our honeymoon was spent on the Amalfi coast of Italy and our hotel was the white building at the very top of the hill. The views were unreal, like looking at a painting.
positano.jpg

Double rainbow

Easy. Space shuttle launch.

Back