Car Detailing Thread

Paint correction?

You can see swirl marks on the front fender. I'm guessing they're all over the car. Paint correction will make the paint really pop.

Since the new car came home with us today, I will be doing both cars this weekend. Going with some Menzerna sealant (replaced FMJ) and really looking forward to getting both done and shining.

Since the new car came home with us today, I will be doing both cars this weekend. Going with some Menzerna sealant (replaced FMJ) and really looking forward to getting both done and shining.

Come do mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I grew up with a different experience. My dad owned a small detail shop. He went over every aspect of the car. Perfection was demanded on parts of the car/truck/van/horse drawn popcorn wagon (not kidding) that other shops didn't even bother with. It really soured my experience in detailing. I have the skills, but I'd rather pay someone to do it these days. I just wish that I could find someone who could do it as well as his shop did.

Going with Optimum No Rinse (I love this product) and then some Menzerna Sealant. I will top it with the P21S Carnuba that I love after that. Cannot wait to see how these two cars come out.

I had my car detailed right after Memorial day. Did the sealant and everything. I follow it up with weekly washes and when I'm done it looks like the day I picked it up from the detailer. I'm hoping I can keep it as a once a year process right after winter as long as I keep it clean through the winter. I always detailed my dad's car when I still lived on Long Island and it was a labor of love, I just don't have the time to do it all myself right now.

Been using Adam's Car Polish for years! Both for my new 5.0 and my 2000 Corvette.
Still need to hit the tires with some VRT tomorrow to finish the 5.0 up.

ab656a0dd30fd512febf4cc343583d26.jpg

Looking good.

Today's steps on the cars will be

Wash with Optimum No Rinse
Meguires Glaze
Layer of sealant on top after curing w/ Menzerna (paint, wheels & glass)
Finishing Spray of Zaino Z8 or P21S Carnuba layer (havent decided which)

Obviously tires will be dressed and windows cleaned too, but its going to be a long one. Something about the finished look and protection make it all worth it to me. I know its not for everybody, but its always been something I dont mind doing.

In college I worked at a detail shop for 2 summers so I appreciate the detail and time that goes into this. Once I get my own place I will start doing it with my cars, but an apartment makes for a difficult time with all of this

Now that I finally have a vehicle that I feel is worthy of this I need to get educated. Will start from the beginning soon and take a first pass at this next week.

Now that I finally have a vehicle that I feel is worthy of this I need to get educated. Will start from the beginning soon and take a first pass at this next week.

I can help you with this brother

So far only wash has happened.

230b6c6d0cf5d40e0a70ef2e68d4e426.jpg

c509a9eba66dd16b106b654a7e91830b.jpg

I can help you with this brother

Well you've posted fantastic info in here over time which already helps a ton. I need to dig through a few shelves in the garage as I already have some of the tools that may be needed but need to get product to apply.

Your cars are going to look stunning later this afternoon I have a feeling.

Well you've posted fantastic info in here over time which already helps a ton. I need to dig through a few shelves in the garage as I already have some of the tools that may be needed but need to get product to apply.

Your cars are going to look stunning later this afternoon I have a feeling.

First couple of times go by hand. I will send you a small list of products to start with that will make life easy and won't cost you a ton.

First couple of times go by hand. I will send you a small list of products to start with that will make life easy and won't cost you a ton.

Good stuff, thank you sir.

Gg's car is complete. The depth of "wetness" is awesome. Car came out great

38ecd6f7e64e551d41a90d4a5590acae.jpg

148fc3cf913a001b741bcb7992661686.jpg

The shine coming off my car is nuts. Just the roof so far.

3f6ea14722c5a639e03efc74271216b6.jpg

Nice work Josh. I hit the boat with some Klasse All-in-one yesterday and did the interior with Boat Bling's Vinyl Sauce and Condition Sauce yesterday before it gets abused over the holiday weekend.

And complete. Still think I want to put another layer on top in a week or so though
9c01cb4815446df8911f01d855b62086.jpg

e3b01cdbc12de03d9928e93517415b2e.jpg

Nice work Josh. I hit the boat with some Klasse All-in-one yesterday and did the interior with Boat Bling's Vinyl Sauce and Condition Sauce yesterday before it gets abused over the holiday weekend.

Thanks. That might be the best AIO on the market, although its harder to work with than a few others. If you want a topper that works really well with the Klasse, grab some Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP). Crazy easy to put on and take off and bonds to Klasse AIO really well.

Thanks. That might be the best AIO on the market, although its harder to work with than a few others. If you want a topper that works really well with the Klasse, grab some Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP). Crazy easy to put on and take off and bonds to Klasse AIO really well.

Thanks for the tip, I have been using Pinnacle Soverign over it with the cars in the past but this was my first time using it on the boat.

Thanks for the tip, I have been using Pinnacle Soverign over it with the cars in the past but this was my first time using it on the boat.

PS is iconic stuff. Adds a warm glow to bright colored and light cars. Durability is not fantastic, and the price is high, but its solid. If you want to stick with a Carnuba, try P21S, which is fantastic (similar to PS, but was a bit less expensive).

Back