Bridgestone J715 Driver

i think either one will be deadly in your hands. hoping you hit both and cant wait to read your thoughts.

Emart2173,
You are very kind.
No one has ever referred to my driving as deadly before in any context. Maybe deadly to Squirrels.....or Ducks.

Hope we can Tee it up again this year.

I cannot stress enough how much I have come to love this Driver! It will be available for all who wish to try it at the DFW April gathering! Just a SOLID, SOLID tool to hit the ball far and keep it in the fairway.

Great job Bridgestone.

JM

Emart2173,
You are very kind.
No one has ever referred to my driving as deadly before in any context. Maybe deadly to Squirrels.....or Ducks.

your welcome. We all hit some bad tee shots that day but we had some good ones too. The forgiveness and performance in these drivers will be something that can keep those somewhat wayward drives in play and the flight will be something you fall in love with.

i hope we can tee it up again this year...had a blast in January...we will have to get pudge to come out too so we can see how things are supposed to be done.

Emart2173,
You are very kind.

Got a range session in with this. Hit 3 drives with the weights set at 10g in the front and 4g in the back. Saw same straight ball flight with a nice med-high flight. Hit about 10 with the weights reversed and ball height didn't change but did see a tendency for me to hook the ball a little bit more and hit some draws. Had a pretty serious wind coming at us but the ball penetrated right thru (saw this at Bstone u as well). Gonna keep the weight this way and hit some more balls to test to see if it was a swing thing or if it really is a tendency to hit more pulls.

Got a range session in with this. Hit 3 drives with the weights set at 10g in the front and 4g in the back. Saw same straight ball flight with a nice med-high flight. Hit about 10 with the weights reversed and ball height didn't change but did see a tendency for me to hook the ball a little bit more and hit some draws. Had a pretty serious wind coming at us but the ball penetrated right thru (saw this at Bstone u as well). Gonna keep the weight this way and hit some more balls to test to see if it was a swing thing or if it really is a tendency to hit more pulls.
Dude the ball flight I saw was money!

your welcome. We all hit some bad tee shots that day but we had some good ones too. The forgiveness and performance in these drivers will be something that can keep those somewhat wayward drives in play and the flight will be something you fall in love with.

i hope we can tee it up again this year...had a blast in January...we will have to get pudge to come out too so we can see how things are supposed to be done.

Pudge still denies I was even there! claims he never saw me. I will tease him some more this weekend about it.

I just ordered the 12 degree off their test drive program. Been really thinking about trying more loft in my next driver and this driver has been calling my name.

Time is at a standstill for me. My new driver/J15 set, I was told would be here early part of this week. Today is Thursday which is past midweek now and no clubs yet. I'm :nailbiting: to the nubs. It stinks being impatient.

Cace good write up. I can second pretty much everything in here. I still need more time playing with the weights. The heavier weight forward right now seems to be working better for me but I was hitting into a pretty strong wind as compared to when I hit off launch monitor with the heavier weight forward.

i also just got my weight kit in so I have more testing to do.

Like you the ball flight and reaction on off center hits are hard to tell by the ball flight.

Ok I got a shipping date from the pro I ordered them from. The new sticks will ship 3/25! Yippee. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I will have them. So excited.

Just put in a test drive order on this bad boy. Getting the 10.5 with Fubuki ZT and G series in X flex as these offerings will probably be available for the Legacy. Cannot wait to smash some balls with this setup.

Just put in a test drive order on this bad boy. Getting the 10.5 with Fubuki ZT and G series in X flex as these offerings will probably be available for the Legacy. Cannot wait to smash some balls with this setup.
You are going to hammer this thing. Can't wait to see it.

This just arrived today. To the bat cave for testing!

3d7a9f1908b6780cc92a3fa9e8952984.jpg

Mine arrived today! Can't wait to swing it.

Well about 40 swings on the 715 in stock setup (10.5*) and so far very impressed. Spin right about where I need it. Surprisingly good launch on good swings. And I LOVE the sound. Solid thwack. Very pleasing. Now to read up on the weight and hosel adjustments to see if I can make it any better. Oh, used the stock Fubuki 70x for the first go. Will try the GD shaft later.

2bfbd594dff87903e7b14e14577eb4e2.jpg

Oh, and surprisingly forgiving. I was thinning quite a few, I think i subconsciously don't want to sky one as it's not my club. Ball speed losses of only about 5 mph on them. Not bad.

cffe3b5e3413ca248edaab221e85118d.jpg

2 boxes of goodness!

really got a chance to give the 12 degree J715 a shot today again, and I've got the stock stiff, along with the Graphite Design G series 60 shaft, and without actually having a launch monitor, I think overall I might have liked the way the hits felt more with the G series shaft actually. I think I might have lost a little distance, but I was pretty consistent and straight shot and getting a nice 230ish carry which is pretty good for me. In fact, I'll take it every day of the week. Looking forward to hitting it this weekend in a round, and then hoping to get it in front of a launch monitor next week before I have to send it back.

Bridgestone J715 Driver

Here is what showed up today...

9584f18c5768fbcde2e9633ebb74c6bb.jpg

Last edited:
Bridgestone J715 Driver

Well, another session with the driver, and am even more impressed. Played around with the weights and hosel settings and may have found a good combo for me. I did a trial run with the G series shaft, but didn't like the feel as much and the dispersion wasn't quite as good, so went back to the Fubuki ZT which I'm really enjoying. Anyways, switched the weights so the 10 gram is up front and the four gram in the heel. Also put the adapter to the setting between left and upright for a little draw bias as I was hitting some pushes that weren't drawing back.

Maybe it's just my imagination, or maybe i was striking it a little better overall, but my results with this setup were pretty darn good. Many nice push draws with the occasional hook as well. Spin in this setup appeared to be a couple hundred RPMs lower on average which suits me. Launch maybe a tad lower overall though. But was keeping ball speed in the low 160s on pretty much all center face strikes. This is a good example of my typical flight:

f7fcc3aa8b61667630d9d56b938996bc.jpg

I did hit a few low on the face and the drop off was not awful. This one was so low on the face the tee stayed in the monsta golf mat.

8e2ee1c00b58aeec83656929a509c91e.jpg

Overall, I could absolutely play this setup for #THPLegacy. I still want to get it outdoors and would love to try the 815 before i make a decision but I'm pretty pumped about this stick!

Well, another session with the driver, and am even more impressed. Played around with the weights and hosel settings and may have found a good combo for me. I did a trial run with the G series shaft, but didn't like the feel as much and the dispersion wasn't quite as good, so went back to the Fubuki ZT which I'm really enjoying. Anyways, switched the weights so the 10 gram is up front and the four gram in the heel. Also put the adapter to the setting between left and upright for a little draw bias as I was hitting some pushes that weren't drawing back.

Maybe it's just my imagination, or maybe i was striking it a little better overall, but my results with this setup were pretty darn good. Many nice push draws with the occasional hook as well. Spin in this setup appeared to be a couple hundred RPMs lower on average which suits me. Launch maybe a tad lower overall though. But was keeping ball speed in the low 160s on pretty much all center face strikes. This is a good example of my typical flight:

f7fcc3aa8b61667630d9d56b938996bc.jpg

I did hit a few low on the face and the drop off was not awful. This one was so low on the face the tee stayed in the monsta golf mat.

8e2ee1c00b58aeec83656929a509c91e.jpg

Overall, I could absolutely play this setup for #THPLegacy. I still want to get it outdoors and would love to try the 815 before i make a decision but I'm pretty pumped about this stick!
Can't wait to watch those freaking bullets

Got the J715 out again today and WOW! 12/14 fairways and for me long. I simply cannot wait to have some course conditions that offer some roll. On about 9 of the 12 FW hit, the ball was within a yard or two of its pitch mark. Face angle is still set to Neutral, but I did switch the weights and put the 10 g in the back and the 4 up front. This really straightened up my little cut, but can get out of hand if tempo is not there. Right now, this is the setting I'll take to TX though. Really liking the trajectory, feel, forgiveness and distance I get with this driver.

JM

Got the J715 out again today and WOW! 12/14 fairways and for me long. I simply cannot wait to have some course conditions that offer some roll. On about 9 of the 12 FW hit, the ball was within a yard or two of its pitch mark. Face angle is still set to Neutral, but I did switch the weights and put the 10 g in the back and the 4 up front. This really straightened up my little cut, but can get out of hand if tempo is not there. Right now, this is the setting I'll take to TX though. Really liking the trajectory, feel, forgiveness and distance I get with this driver.

JM

Love it!

Bridgestone J715 Driver

So I've had 1 range session and 1 round with this driver. So far it is working out extremely well. When I put a solid swing on it the ball just screams of the face. It has a nice deep sound too. Not the pingy sound most drivers have. For me it seem to launch higher and carry further. I swear that I hit 2 of the longest drives I have ever hit on hole 1 and hole 9 at my home course. Plus on I missed a little towards the heel on hole 11 with good results.

On hole 1 I was easily 15 yards further than I have ever been. And that was me pushing it a little right. I was about a yard off the fairway. BTW this was the first ball I ever hit with the J715. Then on hole 9-392yd par 4 I always try to carry some bunkers on the left side of the fairway on a dog leg left. With the J40 I usually hit a small fade so it puts me just right of the bunkers in the fairway. Usually about 135 out. But with the J715 I took the same line I normally do. But this ball went dead straight over the bunkers. I get to my ball and I'm 30 yards past the bunkers and 96 yards from the pin! Granted that seems like 41 yards difference but since it's a slight dog leg it was about 25 yards longer. That's about 285 yard drive, just awesome! I'm sure once I'm more comfortable with it that I will see more shots of this distance.

Plus on a few holes I hit nice baby draws! On hole 10 for instance it's a big dog leg left. The fairway turns at the 150 marker. I hit a nice little draw right over the left 150 marker. It turned about 15 yards and carried me to 118 out. With the J40 I would be in middle fairway at the 150 marker with my little fade. And with the dog leg left it was about 25 yards difference again.

On hole 11 par 5 I hit the ball a little towards the heel. The fairway gradually slopes up about 15 yards. And peaks about 235 yards out. The right side of the fairway is lower than the left side. With the heel shot I hit the ball went to the left side of the fairway. Which is the higher side. My ball carried to the top and bounced past the hill 15 yards. That was 250 with a not so great swing. With the J40 I usually aim left center fairway and let it fade back to the lower right side of the fairway. Which is my normal shot. Again this ball was about same distance as the J40 is but this was a heel shot to high side of fairway so to me that's longer.

I can't wait to get this beast out on the course again! Sorry for being so winded.

Oh... I have the Fubuki ZT 60 stiff shaft in mine. And I will be doing a regrip to Lamkin 3Gens in same color not a fan of pure grip.

Back