Oops, no putter today.

mesaman777

Reaction score
Handicap
~
You head out for an early round by yourself, get to the first green and realize you left your putter home. What are you putting with for the round?

Lob wedge, nice sharp leading edge to bump the ball.

This would never happen because my clubs rarely go home, but I would hope for a marshal to drive by and ask him to bring me out one from the rental sets.

In the meantime I would use a wedge, probably since the length would be closest to the same.

Best putting round of my life. Gimmies all day.

I've done it a few times. Last time I was cleaning one of my putters and forgot to put it back in the bag.

I always use a lob wedge, as mentioned above

7 Iron. That or just gimmies all day long!

Sand wedge works well, or I'll use my hybrid and anchor the crap out of it. lol

Bladed sand wedge can work pretty slick. Next time I do a limited club tournament I might do that.

I don't think I've ever left my putter at home. But when I play I often use my 54* to putt

7iron for me.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Probably my 8 iron. Luckily haven't had that happen yet.

Lob wedge. After rounds in high school we used to have chipping / flop shot contests waiting for everyone to finish. I'm actually almost as good of a putter with my wedges as I am with my putter.

(which really just means I'm an awful putter)

See if they have one from a rental set, but given I have to use something up I blade a wedge. It really is pretty easy.

Hell, I'd probably putt better with my 64* anyway.

Probably my 5 iron. But I honestly have no idea how I would leave my putter at home, I'm such a stickler for the clubs being in the bag, on the course, maybe I lose it, but at home, no way!

3 hybrid.

Like most others, I'd use a 54 or 58. I've never left the putter home, or snapped one over my knee:act-up: This is just a hypothetical scenario. Bladed wedges are a good shot to have in your bag.

I'd use my lob wedge. I've actually practiced blading the ball with the leading edge when the ball is right up against the collar of the green.

My 3 hybrid works great!

Maybe choking down on my 3 wood but I'd rather not find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longest hybrid.

Blading a LW works well for me for tap ins.

Hybo for me

I'm rolling with driver. I hit a "ton of putts" with it playing the 'tee marker game' waiting to tee off. I bet it works better than my putter.

Back