What's your gameplan this winter?

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
The 101 days of summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day) are coming to an end, leagues are heading into the final stretches, and here in NC it's getting towards that time of year where it's almost ok to go outside in the afternoons. As my man Ned Stark would say "Winter is Coming" How are you going to stay sharp this winter? Are you planning on stopping for a few months? Switching to a new sport (Hunting, curling, hunting, hockey, hunting?) For those in the "year round golf" climates, going to keep playing, going to play more?

For me, once my league is over I'll probably be putting the sticks away for awhile, I've got an injury that needs to heal, although I can play almost year round here, I won't get many rounds in from Oct-March probably. Once or twice a month, unless it's a cold winter, then there will be a few months where I don't play at all as the courses I play will shut down. Then in March/April I'll be back on the course as much as possible.

What's the plan?

If the weather allows, I'll keep playing. My cold limit is 40 degrees, anything below that and I stay in, but 40 and sunny and I'm there. I usually get more range work in during the work week during the winter, by the time I get off of work it's too late to play 9 so I hit the range.

Fast and furious until December. Time to go shopping for some fall/winter layers. Will continue to hit there course as much as possible, but if the snow comes down I will be moving indoors to a putting area and simulator.

Playing my butt off till December then will probably take a well deserved brake after that. Warned the wife that a lot of practice will be happening but she gets me after the #Grandaddy

As long as there's not frost on the ground I'll be out playing this winter. Chipping and putting in the house when it's too cold and if we get a long cold stretch I'll be renting the hitting bay at DSG to get in some full swings and check my numbers.

Play when I can. Work when I should.

play till i cant in NC as well , lol

Head south in 4 or 5 weeks, pretty much til mid April.

Depending on how wet/cold it gets here in the UK, I will usually try to head to the range once a week to keep working on my swing so that it doesn't disappear on me over the winter months

I'll probably play more. It's not so hot, courses are less crowded, and rates are usually cheaper. Plus I'll have weekends off, which I don't currently.

I'll play a little simulator golf. I played quite a bit on the sim last year but unless I join a league or get together with buddies I'll probably cut back on it.

I'm going to work on my flexibility over the winter though. That's something I really struggle with, not just in golf but in general.

I'll break out my winter shorts.

My game plan is to hope for another mild winter and golf on Christmas and New Years again! I was spoiled last year.

Hoping to play for as long as I can. Lot of range time with lessons built into that. Try to keep losing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice when I can, and hopefully my buddy gets his indoor simulator up and running at full speed so I can get more work in than normal.

Put the clubs away and hope I don't need 6 months to get my swing back next year.

For me, the gameplan includes losing weight, finding a pro, and hitting the range as weather permits. This is the first summer that I've played more than infrequently, and I'd hate to lose what little bit of a flow I have going in my game.

Play until the day before I leave for The Grandaddy...I'll probably get a bunch of golf in during November when football ends for my 7th grade team.

Back