Your first birdie, eagle?

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
My first birdie was at Electra GC, in Electra TX (a goat track). It was on the first hole, a ~300 yd par 4. I finally listened to my dad and hit his 2i off the tee instead of driver, found the fairway, hit PW to around 10', and made the putt, obviously.

My first eagle was a year later at Quanah CC, in Quanah TX, again playing with my dad. Hole #3 iirc, a short 455 yd par 5. I hit my trusty old Ben Hogan speed slot 3w right down the middle. Hit 3w again and ended up on the green with 25' to the hole. Drained the putt.

The funny part about it was that a couple of older gentlemen had caught up to us on the tee and we asked if they wanted to play through. They said they would just play along with us if that was ok, and that they were no good. I said, sure, I'm not any good either. Then I go and eagle the hole. They looked at me like I was the biggest jacka$$ in the world and was trying hustle them or something. I said, just stick around. I went to he next hole, pulled driver, and sliced it off the course into the adjacent farmers field.

Do you remember yours? Tell us about it

My coolest eagle was dunking the ball in the hole with a 56* wedge. Doubt it will happen for me again ever.

1979 Lakeside Hills in Olathe, KS. Par 4, Not sure of yardage, but dogleg around a lake. Good drive, approach to around 25 feet and sank that sucker. I think it was my only birdie my first year of playing.

My first birdie was after a few months of playing. Par 4 - driver, fat PW just short of the green, accidental thinned chip that hit the flag and dropped into the cup.

My first Eagle was when I finally stopped listening to others and went through a new fitting with my instructor. First round out after making the shaft change I played my best round of golf (up to that point). Par 5 - driver, 5 iron, long putt for eagle.

Never had a birdie (still very much a beginner)

I have had one eagle. 6th hole, 480 yd, par 5, Westridge in McKinney, TX. Driver, 7i, then 9i from about 110 yards out.

My first birdie was at Pine Brook GC and it came on the first hole of the first round i ever played. Its a short par 4 and I went driver, 7 iron to the fringe and hammered home the putt. If it didnt hit the back of the cup and drop it probably would have gone off the back of the green.

My first eagle came this past winter playing with a bunch of THPers at Rain Tree Country Club. It was the 18th hole and I went driver 9 iron and made about a 40 footer for eagle

I don't remember my first birdie.

My first and only eagle occurred a few weeks ago, August 3rd, playing with THPers at Lawsonia

My first birdie came on a short par 3, by sinking about a 50-60 ft putt with the first model Odyssey Rossie I was demoing from the pro shop. Sadly I was young and didn't have the cash to buy it, or I'm sure I would have on the spot.

My first eagle was the same summer, I sunk a sand wedge from about 60 yards on a short par 5.

First birdie and eagle came on the same goat track course at college that was our practice course for college. Same hole number 8 par 4 playing around 355. Birdie I made two great shots and a putt from about 4 feet. Eagle was all luck. Snap hooked the driver going ob hit a tree bounced back to the middle of the fairway. Hit an 8i into the green the and ball was rolling to the hole and then disappeared into the cup.

I don't remember my first birdie. But my first eagle was at the Virginia Tech Golf Course in Blacksburg VA in 2009 or 2010 (can't recall) on hole 9, a shorter par 5 of about 470-480 yds. Smoked a drive right down the gut and then took 3W and blasted it to about 12' and drained the putt! Still a good memory.

First birdie I was in New Hampshire and it was within my first year starting golf. It was a par 3, downhill with a hill side to the left banking towards the green. My tee shot was just off the green on the left in some rough and I chipped in from there.

First Eagle was at Timber Point CC in Great River, NY, White course, 2nd hole. I'd guess 1982-83. Par 5, driver, 3 wood to the fringe and a chip in eagle. Fast forward 1 week later, same hole, driver, 2-iron to nearly the same spot, another chip in eagle! I played both times with the same friend. We renamed the hole "Richie's B*T&H".

First Bird was on a par 3 course, maybe 1978-79. 6 iron to 5 feet and made the putt. I still have that ball somewhere.

My first birdie was just a few weeks back, 176 yard par 3. I was fat off of the tee and left with a 70 yard approach. Holed out with a 3/4 AW. Since then I have made two more birdies (GIR) at the same course on different holes (163 yard par 3 and 515 yard par 5 with a dogleg left).

Edit... Looking at my scores online. I guess my first birdie was in March 2015 at a different course. 300 yard Par 4 with a slow bend to the right (you cannot see the green from the tee). Must not have been very memorable! lol

My first birdie was in 1995. I was playing in a high school golf match at Knoll Country Club in Parsippany, NJ. I don't remember the hole number (I believe it may have been #6), but it was a par 3 that was sort of like an island green, but surrounded by sand. My tee shot was short and left and found the bunker. I skulled my shot out of the bunker and never got to see it, but I was told that it hit the bank at the top of the trap pretty hard and shot up pretty high... then it hit the pin and rode it down into the hole.

Not the way anybody imagines making their first birdie... but I was happy to have one!

My first eagle came at Ballyowen Golf Club in Hamburg, NJ. It was sometime in the summer of 1998. The course had only been opened for a few months (maybe weeks) at that point. It was a $100+ round and I was just out of high school, but... I had saved up a bit and wanted to play the round. I ended up going out as a single. On the 3rd hole (a par 5), I hit a poor tee shot and then had to hack the ball back into the fairway. I was hitting a blind approach from about 210 yards. I hit a solid 3 wood the looked like it was going at my target, but when I got up there... I couldn't find the ball. The group on the next tee told me to check the hole, with smiles on their faces. When I looked... the ball was in there! Now... part of me believes they put it in there and were messing with me, but... because I couldn't prove it... I wrote down the 3!

My first birdie was on #9 at Lake Park in Lewisville, TX. It's a par 5. I sliced my drive into the rough on the right side, hit a good second shot and a wedge to get on. I then made about a 20 foot putt for the bird.

The story of my first eagle will have to wait until I make one.

Never had an eagle, first birdie was a few years ago at Ko'olina in Hawaii. First time playing there... I forget the exact hole but it was one on the back 9 though. Short par 4, I hit driver into a fairway bunker on the left. I was about 120yrds out and stuck the pin to about 8' and sank the putt. Ironic for me because getting out the sand in any situation in 1 has always been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember the year, but it was the first hole of the local muni I used to play. I remember it because I chipped in from off the green. I was young, so I celebrated like I had just won the Ryder Cup, and promptly got a right bollocking from one of the old farts playing an adjacent hole. I also remember my second birdie. It was right after the first after I again chipped in on the second LOL.
My first eagle is easy to remember as I've only ever had one, which sucks. Playing at my club back home, I holed out on the 5th from 160 yards with my 8 iron.

I got my first official, legit, no mulligan, no reshoot BIRDIE yesterday on the hardest hole on the course.

image1.png

Snapshot_2016_8_18_11_50_23.jpg

Shooting from the whites I hit a drive about 230-235 right down the line. Rangefinder said 245 to the pin. Hit a 7i and stuck it about 6-7 ft from the hole and sunk the putt. Like I mentioned in a couple other threads, I had the round of my life, personal best score by A LOT and it was also the first round I ever played alone..... Its like a kick in the nuts.

I'm amazed anyone can even remember.

First birdie was 2012, first "real" round (played one 3 hole'r before, but this was first 18) Par 3, 170 yard, downhill but elevated green. Bunker in front protecting it (high faced) Had bought my first set of clubs that morning. Hit the teeshot into the bunker and hit the bunker shot perfect, and it trailed straight into the cup.

First eagle was last september, short par 4, tricky green and protected by 2 trees right in front, water if you go long, bunker if you go short of the green. Hit a high draw with the 5w, landed a foot short of the pin, and must've rolled over the hole, stopping just a foot past. Wasn't pressured to sink that putt at all :bulgy-eyes:

Honestly don't remember my first birdie. I've been playing off and on for many many years though.
Never had an eagle. I'll get one soon.

First birdie was a short par 5. Hit a decent drive and 2nd shot. Hit my 3rd shot to 10 feet and made the putt. Was one of the few rounds my Dad, brother, and I all played together. I think my Dad was more excited than I was.

I am 48 years old and got my first Eagle last week! 451 yard par 5 which has a very narrow fairway lined with trees. It is one of those holes that offers a risk reward. I took my 3W and drilled it down the middle (I have swore I will never hit my driver on this hole again). I left myself 155 yards to the hole. Took my 9I and put it within 7 feet and made the putt! I am still buzzing off of this Eagle!

My first birdie was years ago and really cannot remember that at all.

I have no clue when my first birdie was.

My first eagle was actually a hole out on a par 4. 415yd par 4, I hit driver down the middle and had 122 to a front pin on a tiered green. I hit a 52 wedge about 10' past the stick. It checked up and spun back into the hole. If it hadn't hit the stick, it would have rolled all the way off the front of the green.

Back