Your first birdie, eagle?

Don't remember my first birdie. Probably happened when I was a kid and college killed some memories.

First eagle happened last year. Short par 5, hit driver, then put my 3W to three feet and rolled home the putt. Next one happened just a few weeks later on a long par 5. Driver, 5W short of the green, chipped in with a 58 degree.

Jim Ager Jr. golf course in Lincoln, ne. I think I was 7 hit blistering drive 100 yards on 101 yard par 3. Tap in for birdie.

The eagle came many years later. Like 20 years later at Tomahawk golf course in KC. Forgot what hole but chipped in from about 10 yards for a eagle.

First birdie? Who knows, I've been playing a LONG time. First eagle I can remember was a hole-in-one on the 7th hole at the Elks GC in Rapid City SD when I was 17.

I'm amazed anyone can even remember.

+1 - I started golfing almost 50 years ago - both happened sometime in my teens. We were just having fun as kids and I just didn't keep track of those types of things then.

First birdie was 37 years ago at Rocky Bayou Country Club in Niceville, FL. 1st eagle was at the same course probably about 2 years later.

After 3,500+ rounds, I honestly can't remember but I'm guessing my first birdie came in 1977 and my first eagle came a couple years later.

The first birdie that I have recorded was in April 2013 with my cousin at Green Knoll. I don't remember the hole, but I finished with 98 that day.

I'm still waiting on the first eagle. I've had three legit eagle putts this season, but haven't made any of them (I even 4putted for bogey once, but we're not talking about that). I missed a 15 footer on 12 and said something about still waiting on my first as we were walking off the green and my buddy said "For the season?" I said, "Ever!" I made sure to remind him that I wasn't as good as he was every time I hit a better shot for the rest of the round. :angel:

Don't remember my first birdie... My first eagle was on a trip to Atlantic City w/ a couple of friends. We played the Links at Brigantine and the opening hole is a par 5. Driver & 3 wood to about 30 ft and I drained the putt. I remember being so excited to be -2 after 1...I was even after 2!!

I actually don't remember my first birdie, but I do remember my first eagle. It came on a downhill par 5 dogleg right, 2nd hole at Hawthorne CC. I hit a "power fade" that hit the downhill just right and rolled a way down the dry, hard fairway. I then proceeded to hit a banana slice with my 4 hybrid that ended up almost on the next tee box. From there I hit a 30 yard pitch that hopped once, hit the pin, and dropped in. I was by myself but two older guys on the next fairway saw, and started cheering and flapping their arms. It was pretty cool :D

playing the local course, St. Helens. Had never had a par, and not many bogeys. Hole number four goes about 150 yards straight, then 90 degree dogleg right. I hit my driver, a major slice that squeals as it goes up on two dimples turning the corner, lands about 150 yards out. Terrible golf shot...but it plays nicely. At the time I seldom could get the ball in the air. I hit a line drive that left burnout marks coming off the club, it lands dead center in the cup for an eagle before I ever had a par. Two terrible swings, but the result was pretty good.

Side note; the course owner at the time lived in a house between holes 6,7 and 9 (if you saw the course it would make sense). their kids would go out and hit around and were sitting on the bench waiting for us to play through. After their inquiry as to who pitched in, i was all smiles...and promptly launched about a 10 yard drive that never got anywhere near the red tees, much less past them. Didn't take the smile off my face, though...

Back